When are people too old to ride motorcycles around town?

OneMoreFarang

You can ride a small motorbike until you are 70 years old provided you're healthy.

I see a lot of oldies (Thai people) riding slowly in the middle of the road blocking traffic which is unacceptable in western countries.

Do ride on the leftmost side if you drive slowly and not in the middle of the land and expect everyone else to ride the same speed as you.

28 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

I think you have an incorrect perception of aging.

Provided I remain fit and healthy I certainly intend to be riding at seventy.

I am in my sixties now and I do think my night vision has deteriorated with age.  I deal with that by doing my best to avoid driving or riding at night.

I don't know about that. I know lots of elderly gentlemen since many years. Often when they are 70 they start to deteriorate and it gets worse at 75. I also know a few guys who are almost 80 and pretty fit. But not many. I try to be realistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

I am 69 years of age and i know my reflexes are better than most while riding a motorcycle or driving a car . 

How do I know that you may ask . I just know it , believe me 

So did my mum...............????......................????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Indeed so.  I stopped riding, not because of age, but because of the road conditions and the driving standards in  Thailand.  It took all the joy out of bike and motorbike riding, so its the car from now on for me.  

Now would you have done the same if you would have been 25 years old? ???? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Ah I see.  What happens when you are 71?

Probably need a walking stick to walk or the knees are too weak to ride a motorbike. 

I am talking about the average guy though.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Indeed so.  I stopped riding, not because of age, but because of the road conditions and the driving standards in  Thailand.  It took all the joy out of bike and motorbike riding, so its the car from now on for me.  

My young friend  had his dreams dashed by the  heat and the need  for full  protective clothing here in Thailand.

• Like 1