Bangkok river cruises?

clivebaxter

Clive,

I saw from our room at the Hilton next door there were some very nice looking boats departing every evening from the Icon Siam pier.

It seemed very popular.

Perhaps if your in Bangkok you could inquire there.  ICON has a new BTS stop so pretty easy to get to outside of morning and evening rush hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was on one recently, cheapest one listed @999 Baht if I recall correctly.  did have music & entertainment, all in Thai of course. Seemed like a decent time to me. Plenty of food, and seafood never ran out. I'd stay away from any drinks, this is where they get you, and hard.  Thought I'd have some on the pier before launch, but they are very expensive there also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I've found the 'tourist' shows  to be very accurate  and the same a culture  shows that locals watch but if you don't like Thai culture  shows then that's not relevant but there is a food boat, a floating restaurant you could try..

Khon and classical dance are not what the locals watch, it's the culture TAT like to present. Locals like luktung, morlam and phua cheewit and ramwong and lam cing dancers in place of that old fashioned dance.

1 hour ago, scoutman360 said:

Yok Yor Cruise. It is toned down for a more local crowd.

Saffron Cruise. Very high-so for a more sophisticated crowd. Dinner jacket type of cruise. No thumping base and screaming dancing girls. 

I will check out the first one thanks

5 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Khon and classical dance are not what the locals watch, it's the culture TAT like to present. Locals like luktung, morlam and phua cheewit and ramwong and lam cing dancers in place of that old fashioned dance.

I have seen Khon and classical dance in the company of locals so you are wrong. I have also enjoyed  The other styles  you mention in the company of locals and shadow puppetry. Don't assume your limited experience, informed I suspect by inverted snobbery, is the only accurate  account of Thais' cultural habits.