Thailand saved my life.

Top man

Those rosy coloured glasses yet again.  Been here longer than I remember,yes fit into financial bracket you suggest,p.issed off to the back teeth with it all.

Need more funds to pick up what I have here and clear off to Spain,ultimate choice   (have the funds for there too)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, fredscats said:

Those rosy coloured glasses yet again.  Been here longer than I remember,yes fit into financial bracket you suggest,p.issed off to the back teeth with it all.

Need more funds to pick up what I have here and clear off to Spain,ultimate choice   (have the funds for there too)

sorry to hear that you lost the game. better luck next time ????

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

sorry to hear that you lost the game. better luck next time

You have lost it without realising   YET????  More than welcome,overjoyed in fact taking my share of fun filled Thailand   ugh!

Edited by fredscats

32 minutes ago, fredscats said:

You have lost it without realising   YET????  More than welcome,overjoyed in fact taking my share of fun filled Thailand   ugh!

unlike you and the rest of the grumpy old pensioners on here, I recently retired to Thailand with eyes wide open. I first visited here in June '97 and worked out the lay of the land in the first few months. sounds like you never made it past kindergarten ????

kthxbye

23 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't think so, there are quite a few sad and depressed single older men who dream of a heavenly existence  of alcohol and prostitutes in Thailand  , those who do make the pilgrimage to Pattaya usually end up even more bitter sad and depressed after moving to Thailand 

and how many do you know personally to make that statement?

I didn't meet any- perhaps it's been different since you arrived.

Anyway, if I was going to be bitter, sad and depressed, I'd rather do it in a decent room in Pattaya than some grot bedsit in a UK <deleted> dump. In my experience, people that can't make it in Thailand probably can't make it anywhere.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A mechanic wanted to charge me $95 to "diagnose" my car. He would then tell me what it would cost to repair. I don't think so.

Reminds me of the time I took a camera to be fixed in London. They wanted 10 quid ( non refundable ) to "diagnose" the problem, and then charge to fix it.

Went back and they said couldn't fix it, but hadn't dismantled it to check. 10 quid for doing nothing. Thais have a lot to learn from British scammers.

11 hours ago, fredscats said:

You have never worked anything out juvenile"recently retired to Thailand" "first few months " "eyes wide open" LOL  LOL   get those nappies of yours changed more frequently  ,they stink

You sound like one of those idiotic English teechers,not a clue,as clueless as they come,and then some,of course (not) one of them    lol

..and as I may add,if not minded, it suits you down to the ground,the basics of life..its all here    "worked out the lay of the land ,in the first few months"   Duh

Always some joker that thinks they know all about Thailand because they spent a couple of weeks there on holiday.

Pathetic.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that's what awaits you it's no wonder you are so down on life.

I've also got an attractive woman in my bed every night

(and sometimes a different attractive woman in a 'resort' bed in the afternoon)

Thailand may not have saved my life, but it certainly added sex to it.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've also got an attractive woman in my bed every night

(and sometimes a different attractive woman in a 'resort' bed in the afternoon)

Thailand may not have saved my life, but it certainly added sex to it.

The ability for an older guy to get some TLC here with a gorgeous young woman is truly extraordinary unto itself. One hopes "me too" never tears its super ugly head here. Thailand is unique. Yeah baby! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yep , nothing else to do other than to go on forums and talk about having sex , with other guys who are also horny and desperate for sex 

No real need to be desperate for sex in Thailand. Unless you are broke. Or living with an old gal who won't give it up, and unwilling to supplement that. 

Now, in the West, that is an entirely different story. That is truly the land of desperation for all but the young and the rich. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No real need to be desperate for sex in Thailand. Unless you are broke. Or living with an old gal who won't give it up, and unwilling to supplement that. 

Now, in the West, that is an entirely different story. That is truly the land of desperation for all but the young and the rich. 

There are plenty of prostitutes in the Western World

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. In the LA area they are $800 an hour. That is 26,000 baht, for a rushed hour. With tons of rules and regulations. Not fun. No thanks. 

How do you expect her to pay for a West Hollywood rental clothes, food and entertainment?

Just head of a colleagues son after dinner in a London central area  mugged by four goons at knife-point for mobile and wallet. Unharmed but shortly they were draining his accounts. Not Fun at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I didn't get much in the west when I was young and wealthy either.

England in my 20s Vs Thailand in my 60s.

Thailand wins with 50:1 odds.

And quite frankly the ones I've been getting in my 60s were way better looking than the one or two I had in my 20s. I guess it might have been different for famous wrestlers ..........

The one's I had before I came to Thailand wouldn't have even got a lady drink out of me these days.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

How do you expect her to pay for a West Hollywood rental clothes, food and entertainment?

Just head of a colleagues son after dinner in a London central area  mugged by four goons at knife-point for mobile and wallet. Unharmed but shortly they were draining his accounts. Not Fun at all.

I do not care one iota how much that stuff costs her. Means nothing to me. I only concern myself with value, not why people charge insane amounts of money, that are out of proportion to the goods and services they are offering. Sorry. Nobody is worth $800 an hour. Maybe a neurosurgeon. But a modest looking hook?

Too many are making excuses for people, companies and corporations engaging in price gouging. There is a labor shortage. There are supply chain issues. Inflation. All irrelevant. Is it a good value, or not? Are they gouging or offering a fair value? 

Life for dummies 101. Simplify things. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I didn't get much in the west when I was young and wealthy either.

England in my 20s Vs Thailand in my 60s.

Thailand wins with 50:1 odds.

And quite frankly the ones I've been getting in my 60s were way better looking than the one or two I had in my 20s. I guess it might have been different for famous wrestlers ..........

I rest my case, your honor. Exactly. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I do not care one iota how much that stuff costs her. Means nothing to me. I only concern myself with value, not why people charge insane amounts of money, that are out of proportion to the goods and services they are offering. Sorry. Nobody is worth $800 an hour. Maybe a neurosurgeon. But a modest looking hook?

I'd rather have $800 worth of cannabis and beer .............. that would entertain me for a week or two.

I value sex with an attractive young woman at around the 30 beer mark.

If she wants to price herself at 40+ beers, I'll probably give her a miss and drink the beers.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Too many are making excuses for people, companies and corporations engaging in price gouging. There is a labor shortage. There are supply chain issues. Inflation. All irrelevant. Is it a good value, or not? Are they gouging or offering a fair value? 

Life for dummies 101. Simplify things. 

From what I experienced in the LA dating scene would not touch any of them for free.

Prefer Orange county housewives easily pulled from Asian supermarkets or tofu restaurant.

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And that was then and this is now. Whatever you remember, leave those memories behind. Things have changed so rapidly. It is worse than ever, for a single man in the West. Most of my friends are single. One is super rich. He does well. The rest chase a tiny bit of TLC with utter desperation. One has just stopped dating entirely. It is a nightmare scenario. 

Be thankful. Be very thankful if you live here and are single. 

Even 20 years ago LA girls were the most vapid and opportunistic ever.

I had a cool looking chick in a bar ask me "What do you drive?" withing two minutes of chat

Now I live an international lifestyle but I have not had sex on the US mainland in at least 16 years.

It is not surprising so many farangs commit suicide in Thailand. It can be a depression country. People are bigoted and microaggressions are a daily event.

If you are depressed go to India or Nepal, the people their have genuine smiles and understand life, there you will find real spirituality. Thailand is a military country, where most people care only about money.

If you have no money you could join an ashram in India and live for free. Hare Kirshna, Mother Ashram, Tibetans communities etc.

• Haha 1