TB Test to the UK

Me (British), the wife (Thai) and the kids (both have dual nationality) are thinking of moving to the UK.

My wife has to have a TB test in Bangkok, but what about the kids (2 and 7)?

What about me? Bearing in mind Covid has kept a lot of us away from the UK for over 2 years? Will the UK start enforcing us all to have a TB test?

UK Gov quotes below.....

Who does not need to be tested

You will not need a TB test if any of the following apply:

• you’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
  • you’re a returning UK resident and have not been away for more than 2 years
  • you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months

Your children are British Nationals and as such don't require a visa or a TB Test, as they can travel to, and live in the UK at will.

As a matter of interest, for children who do require a visa the TB test would cost THB 3,800 per person. You will pay the clinic directly for the cost of your TB test. The cost of the test is in addition to the visa application fee.

The test fee does not cover treatment if you have tuberculosis.

Children under 11 who do not require screening will have to pay THB 500 per person as an interview fee.

Those children who the clinician decides will need screening will be charged the same fees as adults although they will not be charged the additional THB 500 interview fee - if the clinician decides that the children will need screening they only charge THB 3,800.