Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Disgruntled Thai man takes revenge - four shot dead in horrific spree

webfact

1 hour ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

According to the PM, this is Thainess playing itself out horrifically ....karma Mr PM. 

Do you know what Thainess is?

It is taught at high school. 

I fail to see the relation to Karma. Do you mean the dead people committed some bad deed in the past?

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Yeah, but it’s totally misrepresentative! If you only go by what you see on the news you must think Thailand is murder country number one, but in reality it’s only ranked 35th out of 47 (see photo below). In 2017 “only” just under 1800 people got killed. That’s roughly 2.6 people out of a 100000. It used to be 5500 a year on average in the 90s.

There’s a larger list online:

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5/rankings

with 117 countries on it and on that list Thailand is ranked 78th. Overall, it’s not that bad, especially when you compare it to the America where you have countries with 52 murders per 100000. 

EEEA2AC4-111D-4876-BF3D-BA065849EF49.jpeg

note, not to visit St Kitts and Nevis. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mran66 said:

This case maybe an extreme, but when reading/watching stories about crimes involving various levels of violence I often wondered why that type of behaviour seems to be more prevalent here than at least in Europe. I mean various attacks/fights with different levels of damage, seemingly very emotion-driven. Mostly men, often more than one on one side.

Sure people fight and kill everywhere, just seems more here - or is it just because of media and farang observations of these strange behaviours?

Or is there something genetic in Thai that inhibits normal development brain/psyche to control negative emotions, or is it just the culture i.e learned behaviour observing the society from childhood? 

Not really familiar with details of psychology and which part of brain is not normally developed to cause this behaviour, just wondering.

I think it's to do with the upbringing. Kids are never really taught right from wrong, more like don't let anybody see you do that. The males aren't disciplined for bad behavior by the parents plus all they see growing up is corruption/wrongness

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Has no one every wondered why the Thai news media focuses on crime and car accidents? Number one is to distract the public from the more important things like political unrest and corruption. Secondly, if they can keep the public in fear from robbers, murderers and drug addicts, they can justify such a huge police force and secure their positions so they can keep the corruption gravy train rolling down the tracks. Why do you think the police line up to have their photographs taken after they take these scoundrels into custody? They must continue to perpetuate the pubic perception that the much needed police are heroes and are here to protect the citizenry against all the dregs of society, so they are a much needed institution. It's all just camouflage! The protection of the citizenry is way down the list of priorities, and bribes and corruption are number 1.

I guess what you are saying isn't working, the Thai people I know, know that the police are useless when it comes to crime. Thai people are not as hood winked as farangs think they are, they know the score.

4 hours ago, connda said:

Psychopathic.  Shoots four people and then goes out for drinks. 
Amazing Thailand.

I just hope his defence lawyer doesn't try to get off with the old, he doesn't recall anything your honour, he was drunk/wasted.

Personally I hope he gets the death penalty, a life for a life, make that 4 death penalties and then feed him to the dogs, that or feed him to the dogs first, either way, I wouldn't pi$$ on him if he was on fire.

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

I am surprised he could get angry about this.

I have so far never got my money back from any person, I have borrowed money here.

I mainly choose to borrow money to the people I don’t want to see again. And it works.

because your experience is universal. get real

My wife mentioned a few days ago that Thais are murdering are a higher rate now. Many of her customers are pawning their last piece of gold at her gold shop, and they don't know what to do when the last few baht run out. Extreme desperation is coming, expect to see more of this trend. Psyche can only take so much before it snaps. Time for a businessman to run the country again. And if you're a general, it's time to think about an exit strategy, it only gets worse from here and all fingers are pointing at you.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Here by the side of the Chanthaburi to Sa Kaeo Road - Route 317 - he shot his former wife Wanphen, 49, in the head. There were many witnesses.

Then he shot Wanphen's daughter Oraya, 25, in a Toyota Fortuner owner by his former wife.

From this, it seems Wanphen's daughter Oraya was not his daughter. Maybe Wanphen was divorced and married second time (to the the shooter). He also has a daughter. That daughter asked him to give himself up. We don't know if that daughter's mother was Wanphen or not. I'm guessing no.

This is turning out to be quite a riddle. 

Edited by meltingpot2015

14 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

I don't know what you're yammering about the U.S. homicide rate. In your link it's 5.2, not 52. If you want to select Detroit or South Chicago, then compare that to the worst towns in other countries.

Autocorrect at work again. That should’ve read the Americas and specifically some of the South American countries because they lead the list. The word “the” in my sentence and actually reading the list should’ve made it obvious that I meant the Americas and not America because in that case “the” would’ve been missing from my sentence. Also, how many “countries” does America have? It’s so obvious that it was a typo! 

Edited by pacovl46