DTAC pre-paid sim with 12 months unlimited data from Lazada

grain

On 2/1/2022 at 1:23 AM, mtls2005 said:

Has anyone found codes that can be used to apply for a twelve month plan on an EXISTING SIM?

Obviously there are 1, 15, 30, 90 options. Occasionally I saw a 180 option. And there were some 12 months add-ons via resellers

Obviously, without a reseller code there is no way for third-parties to make money. 

So for DTAC is might be *104*nnn*1234567* SEND

where nnn is the promotion number reference, and 1234567 is the reseller code (for their SPIFF/credit)

There are some codes out there, not as inexpensive as a new SIM, which makes sense I guess - new subs are a highly desirable raw metric. But still the same as a 30 day subscription.

I think all three have a 10 Mbps/12 month SIM.

12monthsim.jpg

part2.jpg

You can call the network to ask them to apply an unlimited pack, if the SIM had a monthly or annual unlimited package originally.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:38 AM, sallecc said:

Yeah I know, I'm using True 10mbs/12m due to expire soon, looking for 20mbps (so far I see Dtac only).

If you want to keep the number, you can simply re-apply an unlimited10 Mbps pack to the existing SIM. If the number isn't important, carry on with your plan. 

On 2/1/2022 at 1:57 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

I have a AIS 10mbps/unlimited bought on Lazada a year ago. Only use it occasionally. Last used 6 months ago. Top it up 10THB occasionally to keep it active and sign up for unlimited packages when needed starting at 70THB/w. It always speed tests at speeds much faster than 10mbps depending on location. No issues with streaming IPTV etc.

Even after a year of having it, it's still registered in the Lazada shops name.

It tests at over 10 Mbps because it's not a 10 Mbps SIM. It's a normal SIM that had a 10 Mbps package applied to it...which ran out. Now you can apply any package, including another 10 Mbps monthly option.

37 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Neither True nor  have an annual 20 Mbps option; only monthly at 300 baht per month. AFAIK.

DTAC is by far the cheapest(not including NT Wireless Internet via SIM service); though make sure that you can obtain high speeds with DTAC; using your equipment at your location.

Yep I bought cheap 20thb Dtac sim to test it on my location. It came with 7gb data, it works great but it's max-speed (not 20mbps), so I was thinking to buy cheap 20mbps day or hour package to test it, but it seems that Dtac doesn't have 20mbps packages, so I'm not sure how to test it... Or maybe for Netflix, YT, Pulse TV it doesn't matter if it's 60 or 20 mbps (right?)... Other option is to just buy True 10mbps, since the old one worked flawlessly for the past year... I'll see . . .

Edit: OK I actually bought Dtac 1-day 10mbps package and it works fine in my condo... I'll also test it today around Phuket island to see if it has good coverage like True... If all good, then I'll buy 20mbps 1-year sim.

Edited by sallecc

2 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Yep I bought cheap 20thb Dtac sim to test it on my location. It came with 7gb data, it works great but it's max-speed (not 20mbps), so I was thinking to buy cheap 20mbps day or hour package to test it, but it seems that Dtac doesn't have 20mbps packages, so I'm not sure how to test it... Or maybe for Netflix, YT, Pulse TV it doesn't matter if it's 60 or 20 mbps (right?)... Other option is to just buy True 10mbps, since the old one worked flawlessly for the past year... I'll see . . .

Max Speed means that you are getting the maximum speed at your location. Buying a 20 Mbps package won't make it any faster. They do have a 20 Mbps monthly pack for 299 baht; though as I said, it won't make a difference if you are already on a Max Speed pack.

Could be down to the network or your equipment.

If you want to keep the True number, you can re-apply a 10 Mbps pack to it. Run a speed test on the Truemove H SIM and the DTAC SIM using https://testmy.net

18 minutes ago, sitta said:

Activate yourself, it's easy, I have English manual from Tree Mobile, if you need it pls PM me.

19 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Max Speed means that you are getting the maximum speed at your location. Buying a 20 Mbps package won't make it any faster. They do have a 20 Mbps monthly pack for 299 baht; though as I said, it won't make a difference if you are already on a Max Speed pack.

Could be down to the network or your equipment.

I didn't want to make it faster, just eant d to see how 20mbps Dtac is handling real world scenario (YT, Netflix, Pulse TV) on my location, not max-speed which is obviously great... Anyways since Dtac didn't had cheap 20mbps pack (for my testing purposes), I bought 10mbps cheap pack and it seems to work fine same as my True 10mbps did for a year... I'll also test this Dtac 1day 10mbps today around the island, and if coverage is as good as it was True, then I'll buy 20mbps 1 year sim ????

Just now, sallecc said:

I didn't want to make it faster, just eant d to see how 20mbps Dtac is handling real world scenario (YT, Netflix, Pulse TV) on my location, not max-speed which is obviously great... Anyways since Dtac didn't had cheap 20mbps pack (for my testing purposes), I bought 10mbps cheap pack and it seems to work fine same as my True 10mbps did for a year... So I'll 

You activate it yourself, it's easy I got English manual from Tree Mobile if you need pls PM me.

I have no idea of what you are trying to convey. I think I explained everything clearly. 

I don't have any idea why you think not having Max Speed is great. Lots of words put together in a confusing way.

But you appear to be happy with your current decision, so I'll leave it at that.

24 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

If you want to keep the True number, you can re-apply a 10 Mbps pack to it. Run a speed test on the Truemove H SIM and the DTAC SIM using https://testmy.net

Thanks, I didn't know this, I thought those packs work just for a year I need to buy new sim ???? So I can keep my True number and just reapply 1 year pack?

1 minute ago, sallecc said:

I didn't want to make it faster, just eant d to see how 20mbps Dtac is handling real world scenario (YT, Netflix, Pulse TV) on my location, not max-speed which is obviously great... Anyways since Dtac didn't had cheap 20mbps pack (for my testing purposes), I bought 10mbps cheap pack and it seems to work fine same as my True 10mbps did for a year... I'll also test this Dtac 1day 10mbps today around the island, and if coverage is as good as it was True, then I'll buy 20mbps 1 year sim ????

Okay, it make a bit more sense now. But it was a waste of money to buy a 10 Mbps pack if you already have Max Speed. All you have done now is to limit the speed to 10 Mbps or less. If you cannot obtain 10 Mbps, there is little point in paying for 20 Mbps. But since it's only around 10 baht per month extra, it's really not a big decision.

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

Okay, it make a bit more sense now. But it was a waste of money to buy a 10 Mbps pack if you already have Max Speed. All you have done now is to limit the speed to 10 Mbps or less. If you cannot obtain 10 Mbps, there is little point in paying for 20 Mbps. But since it's only around 10 baht per month extra, it's really not a big decision.

I just wanted to test 1day 20mbps, but Dtac didn't had so I bought 10mbps 1day pack. I don't need this cheap sim, I'll give it to somebody. My True 1 year plan is due, so I was testing Dtac to see which one to buy next for 1 year.

But you mentioned I could just reapply True 1 year (keep the same number?) which is interesting... Thanks ????

Thanks, I didn't know this, I thought those packs work just for a year I need to buy new sim ???? So I can keep my True number and just reapply 1 year pack?

Not exactly; they can apply an unlimited data monthly pack. I posted the monthly cost elsewhere on another thread. A bit more expensive than monthly, though still worthwhile if you want to keep a number.

What has not  been posted on the forum before is that there were unlimited 30 Mbps packs for sale too. Now only AIS supplies them. The other two networks have dropped out of that race for now.

• Thanks 1

I just wanted to test 1day 20mbps, but Dtac didn't had so I bought 10mbps 1day pack. I don't need this cheap sim, I'll give it to somebody. My True 1 year plan is due, so I was testing Dtac to see which one to buy next for 1 year.

But you mentioned I could just reapply True 1 year (keep the same number?) which is interesting... Thanks ????

Once again, you should not have bought a capped speed pack to test the SIM. You use a Max Speed pack. Such as *104*851*9#  9.63 baht and 100MB in volume...for one day.. Enough to run the speed tests.

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

Once again, you should not have bought a capped speed pack to test the SIM. You use a Max Speed pack. Such as *104*851*9#  9.63 baht and 100MB in volume...for one day.. Enough to run the speed tests.

I see, but I wanted to test 10mbps speed Dtac to compare it to True 10mbps speed... (not to test max-speed)?

6 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Not exactly; they can apply an unlimited data monthly pack. I posted the monthly cost elsewhere on another thread. A bit more expensive than monthly, though still worthwhile if you want to keep a number.

What has not  been posted on the forum before is that there were unlimited 30 Mbps packs for sale too. Now only AIS supplies them. The other two networks have dropped out of that race for now.

OK I see, thanks... Yeah those monthly packs are more expensive, 1 year packs are really good value... I have dual sim so I keep my old number for banking, CC etc...

Hope next year there will be more 20/30mbps offers on 1 year sims, now only Dtac has 20mbps 1 year..

Edited by sallecc

8 minutes ago, sallecc said:

I see, but I wanted to test 10mbps speed Dtac to compare it to True 10mbps speed... (not to test max-speed)?

I think you haven't understood  what I have written. Perhaps take your time in reading it later. Have written the same thing a few times.

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I think you haven't understood  what I have written. Perhaps take your time in reading it later. Have written the same thing a few times.

Already finished the testing (10mbps) successfully, cheap sim gave to neighbor for free, and bought new Dtac 1 year 20mbps, now I'm good until 2023/Feb ????

20 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Those rates seem about 4 times what you pay buying a 300THB unlimited SIM off of Lazada or Shopee?

I was specifically asking about adding a data package to an existing SIM.

The delta for me (365 days/1 Mbps) was 1,800 vs. 1,190, so significant but certainly not 4X.

I get why this is, even though the additional revenue would be equivalent they want to both capture new subs - an important metric, and keep current customers somewhat captive with higher rate data plans.

As someone mentioned using two SIMs might be the best of both worlds?

Edited by mtls2005

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Dtac was bought by true so expect same suck service.

I have ais sim which advertises itself at 10mbps but it never goes under 35mbps.

There is no 10 Mbps SIM. It's a SIM with a 10 Mbps pack applied. 

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I as specifically asking about adding a data package to an existing SIM.

The delta for me (365 days/1 Mbps) was 1,800 vs. 1,190, so significant but certainly not 4X.

I get why this is, even though the additional revenue would be equivalent they want to both capture new subs - an important metric, and keep current customers somewhat captive with higher rate data plans.

As someone mentioned using two SIMs might be the best of both worlds?

Someone mentioned that you can add an unlimited pack to an old SIM anyway. Helps if you read all posts ???? Unlimited 10 Mbps for 1800 baht per annum in a specific case with AIS. 

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

Someone mentioned that you can add an unlimited pack to an old SIM anyway. Helps if you read all posts ???? Unlimited 10 Mbps for 1800 baht per annum in a specific case with AIS. 

My True unlimited sim in my phone is coming to an end in a few days.

It is a 12 month sim with free calls to any Thai network, Unlimited wifi internet at max speed, and 60GB per month 4G at max speed.

True recently sent me a code to renew my 1 years subscription for 1590 baht for anyone who are interested but do not know if it will work for all.

The True code is *900*8236# 

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1