DTAC pre-paid sim with 12 months unlimited data from Lazada

grain

Last year I ordered a DTAC 12 month unlimited data 10mbps sim card, from memory it cost around 1600 Bt. I need to get a new one soon.

Was looking on Lazada today and see they advertising 12 months unlimited data 20mbps at ฿1,690.00.

Does anyone know of any better deals. I'm only interested in pre-paid. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/1-dtac-20-mbps-unlimited-sim-net-20mbps-1-12-20mbps-mobile2you-i2928772772-s11560844251.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.19.710c3c46qTjsl3&search=1&freeshipping=1

I currently use the dtac 20Mbps sim 12 month unlimited 1690 Baht. The 10Mbps dtac sim is 1390 Baht

A local speedtest it shows 20 down and 4 to 5 Mbps up but on certain websites live tv streaming it buffers a lot....always, same as it was doing with the 10Mbps sim, it is only the dtac sim doing this because have had no problem with an unlimited 10Mbps True sim or the TOT fibre.

• Like 1

Be careful what you buy from that website.

I bought a computer accessory

#1 Not in stock, but I can have a credit in my Lazada Wallet that can't be opened or used by foreigners

#2 Products came, but were fake

I prefer to buy in store

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, userabcd said:

I currently use the dtac 20Mbps sim 12 month unlimited 1690 Baht. The 10Mbps dtac sim is 1390 Baht

A local speedtest it shows 20 down and 4 to 5 Mbps up but on certain websites live tv streaming it buffers a lot....always, same as it was doing with the 10Mbps sim, it is only the dtac sim doing this because have had no problem with an unlimited 10Mbps True sim or the TOT fibre.

So you think the True sim is a better buy?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, 2long said:

Be careful what you buy from that website.

I bought a computer accessory

#1 Not in stock, but I can have a credit in my Lazada Wallet that can't be opened or used by foreigners

#2 Products came, but were fake

I prefer to buy in store

Try opening the Lazada Wallet in the smartphone App. I did and can use it ok now.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, grain said:

So you think the True sim is a better buy?

If I had to buy again I would buy the True sim with 10Mbps I can't  remember what the up speed was but the down was 10Mbps and I had no buffering on tv web streams with that sim.

True sim is a little bit more expensive at 1790 Baht on that Tree mobile site. In MBK Tree mobile are the cheapest for that sim.

Making calls is the same for both dtac and true sims only to their  respective networks is free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, userabcd said:

If I had to buy again I would buy the True sim with 10Mbps I can't  remember what the up speed was but the down was 10Mbps and I had no buffering on tv web streams with that sim.

True sim is a little bit more expensive at 1790 Baht on that Tree mobile site. In MBK Tree mobile are the cheapest for that sim.

Making calls is the same for both dtac and true sims only to their  respective networks is free.

Ok thanks for the info. Phone calls don't concern me as I use dual sims, and the 1 year prepaid is for my data only. Is there any difference in reception or coverage between True and Dtac? I don't have any problems with Dtac where we live (outback Korat) 

34 minutes ago, grain said:

Ok thanks for the info. Phone calls don't concern me as I use dual sims, and the 1 year prepaid is for my data only. Is there any difference in reception or coverage between True and Dtac? I don't have any problems with Dtac where we live (outback Korat) 

I'm in Bangkok and there is no difference between True and dtac signal strength, its the same. I don't know how True is in Korat.

If you were using dtac before and it is working for you then personally I would say stick with that then either the 10 or the 20 Mbps sim (It is only on one website that the dtac buffering occurs on that ustvgo site, all other sites such as you tube and netflix and browsing there is no problems with buffering)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

I'm in Bangkok and there is no difference between True and dtac signal strength, its the same. I don't know how True is in Korat.

If you were using dtac before and it is working for you then personally I would say stick with that then either the 10 or the 20 Mbps sim (It is only on one website that the dtac buffering occurs on that ustvgo site, all other sites such as you tube and netflix and browsing there is no problems with buffering)

Thanks again. Yes dtac works well where I live. Sometimes there's no internet for a few hours but that only happens 2 or 3 times a year. I hotspot my smartphone with the 10mbps sim and connect both my laptop & smart tv, and have both running all day. Mostly I watch YT and that runs fine, no buffering. But if I use an app like livenettv its a pain in the ass with constant buffering. So it's always YT....plenty to see...news, docs, movies, music. YT has it all for me. Anyway, I'll get the dtac 20mbps sim.

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed this new Dtac deal for 20mbps as well. True doesn't have one yet (right?). How about AIS? I'm using True 10mbps due to expire in 2 weeks.

I'll buy cheap Dtac sim (only 20thb here in Phuket) and some cheap 20mbps hour or day package, just to compare actual speed and coverage in my place, then I'll decide to switch to Dtac or keep True... I'll try to check AIS as well.

• Like 1

Has anyone found codes that can be used to apply for a twelve month plan on an EXISTING SIM?

Obviously there are 1, 15, 30, 90 options. Occasionally I saw a 180 option. And there were some 12 months add-ons via resellers

Obviously, without a reseller code there is no way for third-parties to make money. 

So for DTAC is might be *104*nnn*1234567* SEND

where nnn is the promotion number reference, and 1234567 is the reseller code (for their SPIFF/credit)

There are some codes out there, not as inexpensive as a new SIM, which makes sense I guess - new subs are a highly desirable raw metric. But still the same as a 30 day subscription.

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

Yeah I noticed this new Dtac deal for 20mbps as well. True doesn't have one yet (right?). How about AIS? I'm using True 10mbps due to expire in 2 weeks.

I think all three have a 10 Mbps/12 month SIM.

12monthsim.jpg

part2.jpg

2 hours ago, sallecc said:

How about AIS? I'm using True 10mbps due to expire in 2 weeks.

I have a AIS 10mbps/unlimited bought on Lazada a year ago. Only use it occasionally. Last used 6 months ago. Top it up 10THB occasionally to keep it active and sign up for unlimited packages when needed starting at 70THB/w. It always speed tests at speeds much faster than 10mbps depending on location. No issues with streaming IPTV etc.

Even after a year of having it, it's still registered in the Lazada shops name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought one from TOT. 

12 months. 

Unlimited download. 

Unlimited speed (tests show speed between 20-50 Mbps, normally 35 Mbps) 

Cost 999 baht. 

Downside: only works on 4G, it never goes down to 3G if no 4G coverage. 

Works nice for me in Pattaya. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

I bought one from TOT. 

12 months. 

Unlimited download. 

Cost 999 baht. 

Thanks, didn't know about this one... High speed and unlimited for 999 a year, interesting... What happens if no 4G and doesn't go down to 3G, no internet?

Anybody else using TOT? How is the quality compared to True & Dtac in the same coverage?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I bought one from TOT. 

12 months. 

Unlimited download. 

Cost 999 baht. 

Can this be bought online? Could you please post a link to how I could get one of these sims?

39 minutes ago, grain said:

Can this be bought online? Could you please post a link to how I could get one of these sims?

Here's the one I bought. 

Paid 200 baht more because it's pre-registered,it's not in my name. 

I just sent the sim number to his line and he activated it. Instructions in Thai only but my Google via camera translate figured it out. 

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.gUJno

Edited by PoorSucker

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Has anyone found codes that can be used to apply for a twelve month plan on an EXISTING SIM?

After searching a bit, was inundated with FB options...

This is one of the few invasive things I like about FB here. Just think about something and bang, plenty of options.

268287688_351947076694032_7747304992535143936_n.png

268426770_351946983360708_8042185715318670565_n.png

269476723_351946993360707_565735780770010939_n.png

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

plenty of options.

Those rates seem about 4 times what you pay buying a 300THB unlimited SIM off of Lazada or Shopee? For example the AIS rate is 353.1THB for 7 days 10mbps unlimited whereas these 300THB Lazada SIM's gives you same for 70THB.

I always keep balance below 70THB topping and add money when I need 7, 15 or 30 days unlimited 10mbps service. Speeds usually much faster also.

1261375342_Screenshot2022-02-01144431.jpg.2745fc3fae80df6e298227f3dc424260.jpg

1 hour ago, grain said:

That link is from nt telecom (tot/cat) shopee website.

Just for info my wife tried to purchase that sim from nt telecom office today but nt people were unable to get the sim registered on their network and so refunded the money.

On some of the shopee sellers website of this nt thunder sim they warn that the sim must be registered within 60 days and it cannot be used in a building over 5 floors.

The sim also only works on the 2300 frequency on the 40 channel so whatever device it is installed in should support that. I dont know if that also needs to be configured or not in the device or if it is auto.

Also it seems there is some configuration to do in the router setting the apn name.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, userabcd said:

That link is from nt telecom (tot/cat) shopee website.

Just for info my wife tried to purchase that sim from nt telecom office today but nt people were unable to get the sim registered on their network and so refunded the money.

On some of the shopee sellers website of this nt thunder sim they warn that the sim must be registered within 60 days and it cannot be used in a building over 5 floors.

The sim also only works on the 2300 frequency on the 40 channel so whatever device it is installed in should support that. I dont know if that also needs to be configured or not in the device or if it is auto.

Also it seems there is some configuration to do in the router setting the apn name.

Ok thanks for the info. I'll buy the dtac 20mbps sim as I know I never have any problems with dtac, who I've used for years now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grain said:

Ok thanks for the info. I'll buy the dtac 20mbps sim as I know I never have any problems with dtac, who I've used for years now.

Just for info, today for the first time this dtac sim 20Mbps is working perfectly.

2 devices streaming netflix and you tube and no buffering on those ustvgo news channels.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, userabcd said:

Just for info, today for the first time this dtac sim 20Mbps is working perfectly.

2 devices streaming netflix and you tube and no buffering on those ustvgo news channels.

Good to hear. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 11:41 PM, sallecc said:

I'll buy cheap Dtac sim (only 20thb here in Phuket) and some cheap 20mbps hour or day package, just to compare actual speed and coverage in my place, then I'll decide to switch to Dtac or keep True... I'll try to check AIS as well.

Neither True nor  have an annual 20 Mbps option; only monthly at 300 baht per month. AFAIK.

DTAC is by far the cheapest(not including NT Wireless Internet via SIM service); though make sure that you can obtain high speeds with DTAC; using your equipment at your location.