Retirement Visa Money In The Bank

I have been living in Jomtien 4yrs on a retirement visa and use the 800,000 baht in the bank route but as a retired civil servant I recieve a pension of about £750 a month paid into my English bank account which I would now like to use to offset the amount needed in my thai account and I believe I need a letter from the British Embassy confirming my pension.If anyone knows how to get this letter would they please let me know. Thank you in anticipation.

Bill

I have been living in Jomtien 4yrs on a retirement visa and use the 800,000 baht in the bank route but as a retired civil servant I recieve a pension of about £750 a month paid into my English bank account which I would now like to use to offset the amount needed in my thai account and I believe I need a letter from the British Embassy confirming my pension.If anyone knows how to get this letter would they please let me know. Thank you in anticipation.

Bill

You need to apply to the UK Embassy for this letter giving them evidence of your income.

It can be done by going yourself to the Embassy apply in the morning and pick-up next day cost 2.448 baht

It can also be done by mail or I have heard that there is a Consul in Pattaya who is able to do this service but I have never used it

Good luck

Just go along to the embassy with the record of your UK pension and the embassy will issue the letter.

You will still need some money in the bank to make up the difference.

Actually, since he's in Pattaya (Jomtien), there is a British Embassy representative here from whom he can get the "embassy letter". Unfortunately, I can't recall the chap's name. But, IIRC, he has an office (or hangs out at?) the building right in front of Pattaya Immigrations. Someone, PLEASE jump in here with solid facts (i.e. the Britsh Embassy rep's name and contact info) for the OP!

edited for clarity

Edited by wpcoe

Barry Kenyon (Brit Hon Con Pattaya) or his assistant, Ms Sasamon Khempookeau ,

mobile phone no 081782 7363.

One or the other can also be found at the Meesen Restuarant at the Pattaya Imm carpark between 0900 and 0930 daily Monday to Friday, except for public holidays.