Medical data shared ?

Goodguy555

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Most likely your insurance contract will have a passus that you release doctors and hospitals from the duty to maintain confidential.

So if you give the reciept to your company they have the right to ask for the medical data

My question is more about if private clinics uploads data in a system that insurance companies have access to ?

3 minutes ago, Goodguy555 said:

My question is more about if private clinics uploads data in a system that insurance companies have access to ?

In European countries I would say "can happen", but if, then anonymized. In Thailand I would not be so sure your privacy is kept, but I don't know

Edited by JustAnotherHun

If an insurance company asks then you should supply the data. Very unlikely that it will be uploaded to any database accessible to 3rd parties without your consent or at all. If you don't tell the insurance company that you have health records then they will most likely not know. The insurance company may well ask you to undergo testing or to provide records (if they exist) as part of their policy terms.

There is no central database that clinics upload to. But when you make an insurance claim you authorize the insurer to access all your medical records, anywhere, and insurers may search the records of multiple facilities if so inclined. Thai based insurers are particularly likely to do this as they tend to do pretty cursory medical underwriting (if at all) and instead wait for claims and then dig around to decide if the condition was pre-exisiing -- one of several reasons why I advise against Thai-issued policies.

Be aware that concealing pertinent information  can invalidate your entire policy, even if what was concealed is nto relevant to a particular claim.

• Like 2