After TWO YEARS of cutting my own hair, in the mirror, and Still Looking Handsome, I will never go back to the Barber Shops. What about you?

GammaGlobulin

My Dear Friends,

I must admit, at the beginning of our viral turmoil, I was worried about my hair, and having it cut.

Yet, now, I realized that I can cut it myself, and it looks, still, OK.

You know, after almost two years of self-cutting, and not self-harming, I realize that I never needed to visit the barber as often as I did.

Probably, there are very many other things that we will be able to do without, for our own good.

This, for me, has been just one more silver lining in our two-year cloud that has happened our way.

In fact, I might need only one haircut per year, in the future, and still not feel deprived.

I now know that this is true.

Hallelujah..,..!

• Like 2

Same for me mostly, I used to go to the barber once a month, and even found one that for a fixed monthly fee let you come in as often as you want, so the only monthly cost after the first monthly haircut was a tip.  But early during the lockdowns I bought a pair of good clippers and learned how to cut my own hair.  I do miss the barber's straight razor shave on the neck and sides, but I can get it close enough by myself now to where I can't really justify the cost or time. 

Let your Freak Flag Fly, anyway you see it.

And, do not let your barber toy with your hair.

This way, you need only look in your mirror, and do it your way.

However, if you look in your mirror, and if you see a police car, then, stop your cutting of your hair, and head to the nearest barber shop.

• Like 1

Still, I must say this:

I so much miss the feeling of my female barber's soft touch on my neck, as she cuts my hair.

I really do miss women, so much, in so many small ways, since this terrible thing has hit us.

Also, women, and interacting with them, is what I have missed most, during these past two years.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

I don't have so much hair left, so when covid started and barbers were shut down,

i bought an expensive Phillips hair clipper and i still use that today.

Haven't been to a barber since February 2020.

2 minutes ago, Virt said:

I don't have so much hair left, so when covid started and barbers were shut down,

i bought an expensive Phillips hair clipper and i still use that today.

Haven't been to a barber since February 2020.

Yes, this is a good solution for just trimming one's hair.

However, honestly speaking, perhaps we go to the barber shop for more than a hair cut.

Maybe, simple things, such as talk, or just interaction with people who hang out at the barber shop.

These are the things which can not be duplicated, just by buying a machine made by Phillips, in my thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes, this is a good solution for just trimming one's hair.

However, honestly speaking, perhaps we go to the barber shop for more than a hair cut.

Maybe, simple things, such as talk, or just interaction with people who hang out at the barber shop.

These are the things which can not be duplicated, just by buying a machine made by Phillips, in my thinking.

True but you are the one posting a topic where the headline says you will never go back to a barber ???? 

1 minute ago, Virt said:

True but you are the one posting a topic where the headline says you will never go back to a barber ???? 

And, truly, I am conflicted.

The only thing which seems to help me feel halfway sane is....ThaiVisa.

Truly, this is true.

Thank you, Thai Visa!

• Thanks 1

one thing that shocked me was the prices of haircuts in Thailand, quite expensive and in most cases more expensive than in Toronto Canada

if I ever need a job in Thailand I'll become a barber

Edited by dj230
  • Haha 1

Guest Isaanlife
1 hour ago, dj230 said:

one thing that shocked me was the prices of haircuts in Thailand, quite expensive and in most cases more expensive than in Toronto Canada

if I ever need a job in Thailand I'll become a barber

Where do you get your haircut.

It is around 30 baht in Isaan.

It was one of the first things I did was to buy some hair clippers and the midget does for me she does a good job so I guess I'll never go back to a barbers again,

One other thing we did was to start making our own bread, Happy days

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It was one of the first things I did was to buy some hair clippers and the midget does for me she does a good job so I guess I'll never go back to a barbers again,

One other thing we did was to start making our own bread, Happy days

I have been baking bread, and doing so gives me a big rise in the mornings.

I would suggest that everybody buy a breadmaking machine, as it will improve one's sex life.

Are you using a machine?

Or, do you actually knead your dough, by hand?

Unless you have an oven, then you will need to rely on a bread machine, obvioiusly.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I have been baking bread, and doing so gives me a big rise in the mornings.

I would suggest that everybody buy a breadmaking machine, as it will improve one's sex life.

Are you using a machine?

Or, do you actually knead your dough, by hand?

Unless you have an oven, then you will need to rely on a bread machine, obvioiusly.

We have a oven and we have a dough mixer, depending on what bread she is making she does by hand

My hair only requires a #1 buzz cut nowadays and Madam Moon is very adept at doing that for me, including the finer points like ears and eye brows.

I haven't been to a barber in 8 years and strangely, I now keep my hair shorter than I ever did in the military.

• Like 1