Is US visa exempt extendable or not

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A report of achievement?

The OP asked if visa exempt entry can be extended. 

Answer: yes by 30 days per entry. 

And by my example  it is implied  that of course he can, as I been doing that for two years. There fore, if I can do it for two years, then the one asking in the OP should have no problem.   Why does that seem confusing  to you when the others who are reading my reply can understand  exactly  what I was relaying  by examole?  Dont get upset now because  others understood my reply and it wasn't  confusing  to them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Dont get upset now because  others understood my reply and it wasn't  confusing  to them.

A visa exempt entry can only obtain one 30 day extension per entry.

The fact that you subsequently had amnesty and covid extensions etc is irrelevant. 

Your confused. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

I have a related question - was given a 60 day extension on my visa exempt entry, and the new exit date (stamp) is red ink. Just the date, everything else is purple - is this one of those dreaded "red stamps" I've heard people taking about?

3 minutes ago, kuidaore said:

I have a related question - was given a 60 day extension on my visa exempt entry, and the new exit date (stamp) is red ink. Just the date, everything else is purple - is this one of those dreaded "red stamps" I've heard people taking about?

it means nothing.

That stamp it red since it the most important thing on the extension stamp and makes it easy for officers to see,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The fact that you subsequently had amnesty and covid extensions etc is irrelevant. 

Your confused. 

And I suppose the "FACT" that I arraived on a 30 day on arrival is irrelevant  too?  And then wait for it.  I got a 30 day extension and I suppose that too is irrelevant,  am I correct?  So, what that I was here for the amnesty?  After that I recieved  and continued  to recieve 60 day extensions.   But I suppose that's irrelevant  to?  Oh! Wait theres more, and several of my friends have arrived on a 30 day, recieved  the 30 days extension,  and then guess what?  No go ahead and guess!  They asked for and recieved  a 60 days extension under the current Covid extensions,  so if these are facts then you must be mistaken that people who arrive on a 30 day can only get 30 day extensions.   You just cant handle being wrong can you?  One can arrive  on a 30 day, get an additional  30 day extension  and the request the 60 day extension  based on COVID.  This is fact and it happens all the time.  Once again I say, I been doing it for two years, and I came on a 30 day.  Once again I say factually that I have had friends in the last few months arrive  on a 30 day, get an additional 30 only to request a 60 day extension  and be granted.  Its amazing  how many people cant admit when they are wrong.  You seem to fall under that category.   Fact is people who arrive on a 30 day can and do get 60 days covid extensions. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your confused. 

Its You're not Your Dr. Jack...  are you a real Doctor?

About three years ago a friend of mine came to Bangkok with his Thai wife for 30 days.  During that time he found that he needed to extend his time in Thailand.  He went to the Immigration office in Samut Prakan as he and his wife were staying at her house which is located in that province.  He still had a bout three or four days left on his 30 day visa exempt.  They extended his visa exempt status for another 30 days.  The cost for this was 1,900 baht.  He is an infrequent visitor as they only come to Thailand about every other year.  Not sure if that matters or not.

24 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

They extended his visa exempt status for another 30 days.  The cost for this was 1,900 baht.

That is correct.

Make him aware that if ever needs a slightly longer stay he can obtain a 60 extension to visit wife.

He can obtain that in addition to his 30 day visa exempt extension.