Car roof racks in CM?

stargazer9999

I'm trying to find a roof rack that is probably a little larger than the ones I usually see around town.  I believe those may be about 1 1/2 meters long.  This is for a mini-van.  I would like a 2 meter long roof rack with no enclosures or fancy features needed.  I don't need a Thule or anything high-end.  Just a boring rack on top that hopefully I can attach without drilling screws holes.

Are there any places here or should I try to order from BKK?  I see many choices online down there.

Thanks.

Check Daeng's off Mahidol Rd....Turn in at the red & white Ricoh sign....

It's a shop that handles, mods, welds, fabricates, everything automotive....Up to, and including custom built big motorcycles....

They have racks in stock + can order for you...Or build as needed....

It's a great resource once you learn/see all that they do....Most things can be done while you wait...

At least one gal at the desk speaks English as do some head techs....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, seedy said:

do you mean here -

Daeng Klon Pratou Mahidol

Seems right....?....I first found it & use the Ricoh sign for my landmark & have watched them expand over the years..... It's about a 10 minute walk away from Airport Plaza....

I've only heard it referred to as Daeng's.....

He is supposed to have a 2nd shop somewhere else, but I'm just familiar with this one .... 

I had good experience with this shop.

Its on the superhighway East side of the road just south of Don Chan intersection.  (Near Boonthavorn tile mega shop)

Choon Silp

ร้าน ชุนศิลป์

https://maps.app.goo.gl/dcYoaRawu1RriVS36

They sell Carryboy brand.  I bought roof rails for my Isuzu pickup.  The guys installed it nicely.  I noticed they were doing much more complicated custom vans and trucks in the workshop, so they should have the tools and skills to do whatever you need at a reasonable price.

They also have a huge stock of random spare parts from years of building trucks and vans.  So, if the standard mounting hardware that comes with a branded kit doesn't quite fit your vehicle, they will find screws / mounting plates / whatever to make it fit.

Edited by captainjackS
spelling error

36 minutes ago, captainjackS said:

I had good experience with this shop.

Its on the superhighway East side of the road just south of Don Chan intersection.  (Near Boonthavorn tile mega shop)

Choon Silp

ร้าน ชุนศิลป์

https://maps.app.goo.gl/dcYoaRawu1RriVS36

They sell Carryboy brand.  I bought roof rails for my Isuzu pickup.  The guys installed it nicely.  I noticed they were doing much more complicated custom vans and trucks in the workshop, so they should have the tools and skills to do whatever you need at a reasonable price.

They also have a huge stock of random spare parts from years of building trucks and vans.  So, if the standard mounting hardware that comes with a branded kit doesn't quite fit your vehicle, they will find screws / mounting plates / whatever to make it fit.

Nice find. Will check them out.

English spoken ? (keep the wife at home, cars/trucks/bikes bore her silly !!! 555)