What happens to us when Thai insurance companies go bankrupt?

webfact

I bought a covid policy thru southeast last year. Brother-in-law sold it via his boss. They thought it would be a get rich quick scheme as at the time there were not a lot, if any, claims.

Just 2 minutes ago the bil delivered his ice and informed my wife I would not be covered under the plan however I could get a refund on my policy. Paid about 1,500bht for it, if I recall correctly. 

Southeast send me sms. They want me to cancel my covid policy

"ลงทะเบียนรับสิทธิ์คืนเบี้ยโควิดเต็มจำนวน เลขกรมธรรม์ (deleted policy number) ของคุณ (Deleted Name) ภายใน7ก.พ.ที่ https://rrj.nu/xxx (deleted link which might be personalised)"

link goes to their website https://se-digital-aws.seic.co.th/CovidCare/

I have asked for help from a nurse who processes claims at hospital, hope for a good outcome

On 2/3/2022 at 5:53 AM, webfact said:

I bet most insurance companies have much more staff dealing with claims, than those in the sales departments, who sell us these expensive packages in the first place.

Yes, it's simple, normal insurance company, 30 floor building, Ground Floor all the really nice sales people tell you how well they cover everything, blah blah blah.   The other 29 floors are filled with lawyers trying to figure out how not to pay claims.  

So pay attention to the contracts.  They are in business to make money, so pay attention to your contract wording.

A post in which the quoted content had been changed to another language has been removed. Please remember this is an English language forum.

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:52 PM, 2 is 1 said:

Let your currency float and get value something like 1$ is 45 bth then your export industry go up like rocket. Also you maybe get tourist in country some day in future!

On 11/12/2021 at 10:27 AM, chickenslegs said:

Is it this place?

Sellfridges | This white goods outlet in Northwold Road, Sto… | Flickr

On 2/3/2022 at 7:23 AM, ChipButty said:

That was recently in the news I think you are only covered up to 1 million baht

I have always wandered why they reduced it from 5 Million Baht?... Does anyone know?