DLT driving queue

Aforek

Hello 

my renewal motorbike licence is in June. Today, I did successfully ( out of interest ) the test here ระบบการอบรมต่ออายุใบอนุญาตขับรถ กรมการขนส่งทางบก DLT e-Learning (dlt-elearning.com) 

and they say at the end " DLT passing, you may screenshot the certificate and save the queue number via DLT Smart Queue application " 

what do I  do now ? and is it useful ? they don't even know where is my DLT office ; "save queue number " ? they didn't give any 

can you help, I don't know the usefulness of it ? ; I just would like to avoid a hundred people queuing as five years ago 

thanks 

In Chonburi you go to land transportation department in Banglamung you go with all your paperwork that's required and make a appointment to go back and get your license they only allow 40 people a day 20 in morning 20 in afternoon I use an agent I made my appointment February 1st and I go back February 18 for my license 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Take a photo of your acheivement!

Its a bit different in Khon Kaen, you need to get a letter from the DLT requesting a certificate of residence - So I took a photocopy of my passport and DL - they issued their request letter and booked an appointment for 2 days later along with a shopping list of photocopies they wanted.

You can find your land transport office on google maps.

No need for an agent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Its a bit different in Khon Kaen, you need to get a letter from the DLT requesting a certificate of residence - So I took a photocopy of my passport and DL - they issued their request letter and booked an appointment for 2 days later along with a shopping list of photocopies they wanted.

No need for an agent.

Not an issue of 'need' it's one of ease and convenience. But whatever suits the OP..

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Not an issue of 'need' it's one of ease and convenience. But whatever suits the OP..

Does the agent do the traffic light colour test and the braking reaction test for you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Havefunme said:

In Chonburi you go to land transportation department in Banglamung you go with all your paperwork that's required and make a appointment to go back and get your license they only allow 40 people a day 20 in morning 20 in afternoon I use an agent I made my appointment February 1st and I go back February 18 for my license 

I just did mine in Chonburi, they want a printed copy of that Training Certificate. When you go there (outside desk) to make appointment they will give you a list of what's needed. Had my appointment for 0900. Gave all paperwork to the outside desk, they gave me a number for 0930 (upstairs) do the color test, stick test, when you pay they give you a number, go outside take pic, get license while waiting outside. Whole process was like 90 min.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

No need for an agent.

I assure you the day I even need to think about the existence and location of any government office is when I call an agent. I delegate all such tasks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I assure you the day I even need to think about the existence and location of any government office is when I call an agent. I delegate all such tasks

Sorry, are you the OP? Did you ask anyone "what do I  do now ?" was that you? .. I dont think it was, so what are you talking about? Why do you feel the need to assure me, I don't give a flying one.

You are quite entitled to dish out your advice, but when others give their experience its a different matter?

The OP seems to be asking what he does next. 

Like others mentioned, does an agent do the thirty second test for you? does the agent sit in the chair in your place and have his photo taken instead of yours?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Sorry, are you the OP? Did you ask anyone "what do I  do now ?" was that you? .. I dont think it was, so what are you talking about? Why do you feel the need to assure me, I don't give a flying one.

You are quite entitled to dish out your advice, but when others give their experience its a different matter?

The OP seems to be asking what he does next. 

Like others mentioned, does an agent do the thirty second test for you? does the agent sit in the chair in your place and have his photo taken instead of yours?

Thank you for your input. But I honestly have no idea what  your point is. Perhaps break up your long winded submission into individual points and subject areas and submit something  more coherent.

I replied to the OP based on my recent experience regarding getting a DL. I stand by that advice.

Other contributers raised issues, some directly aimed  at me, to which I replied honestly and rationaly.Try it yourself. 

Now. Please calm down and clarify what advice you are actually  giving the OP... or are you just attacking me? Take care

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Does an agent negate the need to actually be present ???

i.e. so that we don’t have to queue and take the indoor tests such as Colour Blindness, Peripheral colour vision,  Proximity test (moving sticks) reaction test (brakes) and also so that we don’t have to watch a 45min video ?\

If so, great... If not, I’m not sure what an agent actually brings to the table other than perhaps some queue jumping ?

So... Hammer2021 - I’m just curious, what does an agent bring to the table that we can’t do ourselves ?

I’ve always done my own driving licenses myself, its incredibly easy to do, but its also inconvenient because I have to be there and do those tests etc which takes time - IF an agent makes that difference, it may be worth considering. 

• Like 1