on arrival does test and go hotel have to be in Bangkok?

Spacer

There are now hotels sha++ in half of provinces, expanding to all provinces. 
You can search agoda. 
how good they will be, or how much more expensive in comparison to bangkok 6600b is to be carefully checked. 
majority of them dont have any experience. 
looks like have to check in and test at hotel (they have 8-12h stand by nurses) and be locked very most likely for the night. 
After talking to some of hotels they are not motivated to do it fast. Some dont have exact procedures yet.
Some are changing affiliations with hospitals (the trend is towards the more expensive ones, for the greater kick backs from detected positives)

For the greatest choice of hotels (more importantly cheap hospitals) I would stick to bangkok. There might not be any hospital competition in provinces, you might be skinned, even with insurance 

FWIW we will arrive at Phuket and do both our PCR tests there - day 1 and day 5.  

We had wanted to do Day 5 at a Buriram hotel.  Contacted two of the leading (most expensive) SHA extra+ hotels there and they both said "not participating in Test & Go".

I don't know if that means no Buriram (province) hotels are in the scheme.  This booking website only has the more touristy provinces listed, so maybe only those are in the Test & Go scheme?  Don't know, but we decided to stay in Phuket for five nights and do both tests there.  Less hassle.  

On 2/4/2022 at 4:55 PM, moojar said:

We had wanted to do Day 5 at a Buriram hotel.  Contacted two of the leading (most expensive) SHA extra+ hotels there and they both said "not participating in Test & Go".

I don't know if that means no Buriram (province) hotels are in the scheme.  This booking website only has the more touristy provinces listed, so maybe only those are in the Test & Go scheme?  Don't know, but we decided to stay in Phuket for five nights and do both tests there.  Less hassle.  

Update for anyone that finds this whilst doing their research.  

One of the Buriram hotels (the Amari Buriram United) replied to my Agoda enquiry four or five days later to say they only do the Test & Go stuff via direct bookings, not bookings thru a booking website such as Agoda.  The reply came too late - the same day our Thailand Passes were approved with the five-night Phuket stay.  

So it is possible to T&G upcountry.  Make your enquiries well in advance though.