New COVID Cases Rise among Foreign Tourists in Phuket

snoop1130

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

New cases rose from Dec 13 because some visitors had not passed the Thailand Pass registration process or had not undergone RT-PCR tests.

If they've escaped being tested, how can they possible contribute as being "new cases" ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

.........................'New cases rose from Dec 13 because some visitors had not passed the Thailand Pass registration process or had not undergone RT-PCR tests'   ?????

So how did they manage to enter Thailand ???.

Reported in Thaiger this morning:

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-thailand/cv19-phuket/phuket-officials-alarmed-by-number-of-tourists-testing-positive-on-arrival

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

From the link above: 

“False Covid-19 RT-PCR test results are assumed to have something to do with the sharp rise in the number of post-arrival positive tests among tourists. These problems are something beyond Phuket’s authority to deal with and help is needed from the CCSA’s operations centre.”

I wonder if the authorities can double check the validity of a PCR certificate.

i.e. IF someone tests positive can the MoPH official contact the issuing hospital / clinic noted on the PCR result and ask them if the result is valid ?

... I suspect some countries with strong individual rights and protection of information may not release information confirming negative or positive tests which makes things very easy for the cheats. 

Maybe they can start checking the CT values.

They did that at the European championships in handball last month and players tested positive, that had high CT values were allowed to play, since a high CT value meant lower virus levels.

Explained here in another article and seems like it's not bullet proof, but might be viable.

https://www.science.org/content/article/one-number-could-help-reveal-how-infectious-covid-19-patient-should-test-results

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, smedly said:

do your own research - people on here just share, it is assumed you have the hammer internet and can go investigate ................................... please come back and let us know what you find - this is a sharing of discovery in a very complex environment 

Any controversial subject I put forward I can explain IMMEDIATELY. I expect  others to be able  to-do the same. You present  me with a childish logical fallacy. I can not prove a negative. I don't need to.  When people in general are challenged about lies and BS they can refute the challenger or prove what they say.. But just repeating nonsense conspiracy  theories about Thai  hospitals and laboratories is unacceptable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8