Eye drops

NAoZ

I was prescribed an artificial tear drop for dry eye but with preservatives in it. Want to get some without preservatives. Are there any products other than Refresh? Would like to know some names before checking out a pharmacy.

The eye drops that my wife uses are called Vislube.

I think quite expensive but she gets them from Chulabhorn Hospital ... much cheaper than the pharmacy .... 

edit ... completely re written reply to 'cut the comments' lol 

Since my computer usage is sometimes excessive, I use the Systane Ultra lubricant eye drops. They have a preservative, but I don't find them irritating. They do have a version without preservatives.

The Systane drops are labelled as "high performance." But my wife says my performance is just about the same.

Paul Laew

• Haha 1

Cellufresh is available at almost all pharmacies in 0.4ml single use.

(Cellufresh: Eye drops 0.5% (preservative free) x 0.4 mL x 3 x 10's)

It is better to address the cause of dry eye, usually malfuctioning meibomian glands than just using Iubricant.

I use Optimel Manuka Dry Eye drops available on line from Australia, it does have a preservative which is normally found in honey anyway and I have found it is not an issue. The drops address the inflammation which causes dry eye and work a treat.

Optimel Manuka Honey Dry Eye Drops – Invision Eyecare

Optimel Manuka+ Dry Eye Drops | Melcare Biomedical

Edited by LosLobo

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Vislube is the high price leader I believe.  Tear mac is a much more reasonable price and available online from Lazada and Shopee.

I used to use Vislube and it cost about 1,000 baht a pack. It contains hyaluronic acid which is made from rooster combs or microbe fermentation, I had stop using it as the cure was more painful than the problem.

Systane Ultra (SYSTANE® ULTRA PRESERVATIVE-FREE EYE DROPS single use vials)

Alcon Tears Naturale II (Alcon Tears Naturale Preservative Free Lubricant Eye Drops, 32 Single-use Vials)

Both available in pharmacies and before covid were about 500 to 600 Baht for a box.

Edited by userabcd