Mp3 Cd

I recently tried to burn all my music Cd's onto a single MP3 CD, so I wouldn't have to change CD's constantly when listening to music on my MP3 CD player.

The problem is that even though the CD works fine in my computer, on the player it just jumps through all the tracks without having played anything (as though all the tracks are empty). I have tried it on several different computers and players. All computers read and play fine, and all players just skip though!!! Does anyone know why this might happen?

I used Audiograbber to rip the CD's, and Nero 5.5 Express to burn.

Cheers...

Did you by any chance select Audio as the type of CD when burning? It should be a data CD that your burn for MP3. I don't know that would cause your problem but I have no trouble playing my MP3 Cd's on computer or MP3 player (but did not have to use converter as files were already MP3).

Don't have Nero installed now but am sure my (probably old) version did not have an MP3 option in audio and that I am quite sure that I used Data for my burns. Been awhile but whatever it was it worked.

Some players also have software to provide various playback options but I never used them.

I would load the mp's onto computer and try a data burn to see if it may work. Not cost that much or take too long.

The players are confirmed to have played MP3's ok?

when you burn your mp3 cd it should be burnt as a data disk. my portable mp3 disc player which I purchased about 4 years ago needed to have less than 80 files per folder on the disk, so i would create 2-3 folders on the disk for the mp3's.

with the naming of your files you can use the CDDB( cd database ) function on your ripper to name the files. you need to be connected to the internet for this to work, just put your disk in the comp ( hold down the left shift key for about 10 secs :o ) to avoid autoplay, start(or refresh) up your ripping program( in your case audiograbber) and hit the button which hase CDDB as part of its label, the ripping program will interrogate the CDDB and name the tracks for you. you can name them in what ever format you like, artist - trackname - album - song number..a little look through the help files will explain to you how to do this.

try burning an mp3 disc as a data disk...first rip youR CDs and save the mp3s to your hard drive..then burn a data disk with nero.

If you are still having problems post an example of the files and file structure of the disk in question...ie. what it looks like when you éxplore'the disk on your computer.

:D