Quarantine covid considerations

Danielh

After traveling to Thailand, doing all that was necessary for the Pass for entry one thing I was not prepared for was being positive for my flight home. 10 days in a quarantine hospitel, silly money for what i received, thankfully the insurance covered it.  6 days overstay on the visa at 500 bhat a day and the hope you get a negative result to fly when they release you. If not 500 bhat/ day min for the overstay. Laughable that when you are in quarantine it counts for nothing with immigration. No one i mean no one talks about this or accepts that you overstayed because you were in quarantine. Just pay ! Add 10 days min ie 5000 to your budget. 

• Like 2

Majority of countries dont require any tests anymore. Some would take atk done with 24h. 
when leaving hospital you should get original, stamped and signed pcr positive result, medical certificate and recovery certificate. You should update morchana, and morphrom (if you also have that one). 
even if your return test will be positive, you will allowed to board with same (very few) airlines. That includes thai international and emirates. 

with all those documents you can also plead to immi officer, or rather his supervisor. But usually there is time for an extension for an additional 30 days. 

6 hours ago, Nino3 said:

Excellent point regarding the departure test. Very little discussion on this thus far. Which insurance company provided your policy?

Had the standard covid cover axa policy. Also had to pay a 100k bhat deposit to the hospital which was refunded when i was released. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

And the circumstances of why you not realizing you were going to be overstay and not telephoning immigrantion are. 

Called them from quarantine and was told to speak with immigration at the airport when leaving. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You had a rough deal and got caught in a trap.

And i suppose this is also what i wanted to raise. All the test and go programs are well defined on what you need to do to comply etc but from my experience there was very little info available on what happens if you do get covid, which would allow some preplanning to avoid or minimise the implications that this might have. Anyway lesson learnt ????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Danielh said:

Called them from quarantine and was told to speak with immigration at the airport when leaving. 

I know of someone else who was given the exact same advice when they called, and then got stung with the overstay fee at the airport.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danielh said:

And i suppose this is also what i wanted to raise. All the test and go programs are well defined on what you need to do to comply etc but from my experience there was very little info available on what happens if you do get covid, which would allow some preplanning to avoid or minimise the implications that this might have. Anyway lesson learnt ????

Yeah it's different for the likes of me I live here all the time. 

I will make sure my family doesn't get caught out when they come to stay with me.