Super RICH Suvarnabhumi airport .

geisha

Hi heard that the S Rich at airport is closed , or was ? Do as anyone know if it’s re opened ?
ill be arriving at Suvarnabhumi from Phuket end February. The exchange rate in Phuket is  awful. I need to change a largish amount .Preferably before I arrive at my hotel near the Erawan Shrine. Euros to Baht.  Thanks for any info.

42 minutes ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Last time I was there, which is a while ago, orange superrich was open but green superrich Which in my opinion is the best one, closed a 3ish years ago

Hi, thanks, I don’t mind which it is, I hope one is open! A”while ago “ was when ?

https://www.superrich1965.com/home.php

This is the Orange theme super rich

Contact here -

SuperRich Airport Link Suvarnabhumi

Address -

Airport Link Suvarnabhumi Unit SVB RC02 Rachathewa, Bang Phli, Samut Prakan, 10540

Working Time Open: Daily 5.30 am - 10.00 pm.

SuperRich Airport Link Suvarnabhumi B floor Inside Airport link station Near Novotel

Tel 095-568-9009

Edited by DrJoy
  • Thanks 1

The 24th of January 2022 they were closed. I didn't see any down there on that level open; the ones upstairs were total ripoffs. So, only change the minimum amount you're gonna need right away.

Of curse SuperRich could re-open at any time, right?

Edited by IAMHERE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

If you're staying near the Erawan Shrine, get a minimum amount of baht ahead of time and then take the short walk up to the green Super Rich headquarters office just past Big C - it's open every day except Sunday.

Screenshot_20220207-083641.jpg

Or, when you come from the airport (Suvarnabhumi) the nearest one is in the shopping center at Mega Bangna. (the one with Ikea inside)

11 hours ago, DrJoy said:

https://www.superrich1965.com/home.php

This is the Orange theme super rich

Contact here -

SuperRich Airport Link Suvarnabhumi

Address -

Airport Link Suvarnabhumi Unit SVB RC02 Rachathewa, Bang Phli, Samut Prakan, 10540

Working Time Open: Daily 5.30 am - 10.00 pm.

SuperRich Airport Link Suvarnabhumi B floor Inside Airport link station Near Novotel

Tel 095-568-9009

Thank you  , just called the number and they said they were open. Cheers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pffttt...

I would not change anything at the airport of size. Goto one in bangkok (there's one on sukhumvit) with a lobby where you can count and secure your money properly, and not be standing in a crowded public counter trying to watch your luggage with people jostling around like at an airport.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2022 at 8:39 AM, khunjeff said:

If you're staying near the Erawan Shrine, get a minimum amount of baht ahead of time and then take the short walk up to the green Super Rich headquarters office just past Big C - it's open every day except Sunday.

Screenshot_20220207-083641.jpg

Super Rich Green Headquarters is the best rate for most currencies.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 2:32 AM, shortstop2 said:

Super Rich Green Headquarters is the best rate for most currencies.

There's next to no difference in their orange/green rates, give or take a satang or so for the comparable currencies.  Superrich does claim that their "orange" rates are better, though.

On 3/25/2022 at 3:35 AM, shortstop2 said:

That sounds like Vasu. Pretty good rate for most currencies.

http://www.vasuexchange.com/

If you have a lot of money to change, Vasu provides you with a private room. Rates not as good as super rich, but comparable. It was the place to go 10-15 years ago, and close by Nana. I once changed £20k there in 50s.q With the advent of eg Wise, carrying large amounts of cash around isn't always necessary. I used to use super rich at swampy to book $ and PHP prior to boarding for visits to eg Cambodia or Philippines. Also pretty good rates, but I'm not sure if their branches still provide that service.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I used to use super rich at swampy to book $ and PHP prior to boarding for visits to eg Cambodia or Philippines.

When going to Cambodia or Philippines, I would exchange baht for USA 1 dollar bills or USA 20 dollar bills where you get a better rate than if you exchange for 100's.  

In Cambodia it is quite easy to spend the 1 dollar bills in places with lots of barang tourists (or exchange for riel getting a rate let's say 4100 but spending at the informal rate of 4000 in places priced in dollars).  I was concerned that it might not be easy to exchange 1 dollar bills in the Philippines but I had no problem.  If I wouldn't have been able to exchange the 1's I'd just save them for Cambodia.

If the exchange rate stayed constant you can turn a profit by changing baht to $1 bills then exchanging those bills to 100's in the USA and then on your return to Bangkok exchanging the 100's to baht.  You do need space in your carry on luggage for this so you might want to change to 20's instead 1's 

Update on my previous post. super rich was closed at airport. I waited until I got to my hotel, and went to  Central  world across the road.  There’s the head offfice opp Central world behind Big C too, but the queues are long.,

8 hours ago, shortstop2 said:

When going to Cambodia or Philippines, I would exchange baht for USA 1 dollar bills or USA 20 dollar bills where you get a better rate than if you exchange for 100's.  

In Cambodia it is quite easy to spend the 1 dollar bills in places with lots of barang tourists (or exchange for riel getting a rate let's say 4100 but spending at the informal rate of 4000 in places priced in dollars).  I was concerned that it might not be easy to exchange 1 dollar bills in the Philippines but I had no problem.  If I wouldn't have been able to exchange the 1's I'd just save them for Cambodia.

If the exchange rate stayed constant you can turn a profit by changing baht to $1 bills then exchanging those bills to 100's in the USA and then on your return to Bangkok exchanging the 100's to baht.  You do need space in your carry on luggage for this so you might want to change to 20's instead 1's 

USA customs asks about cash carry over a certain amount (I think 10k) I even get asked personally every so often. Not sure what the deal is or if it's taxed. I know carrying gold bars around would be a big deal, it would probably sit in an office to be weighed and taxed somehow.

I doubt you would make much converting by carrying back and forth.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, geisha said:

There’s the head offfice opp Central world behind Big C too, but the queues are long.,

There are a number of Superrich outlets in the sois opposite Central, the orange, green shops and the blue head office so if there's a queue in one there are alternatives.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There are a number of Superrich outlets in the sois opposite Central, the orange, green shops and the blue head office so if there's a queue in one there are alternatives.

Download their apps. They list all the outlets and the rates at each one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Download their apps. They list all the outlets and the rates at each one.

Why?  I know where their shops are and how the rates (hardly) vary between them, I've dealt with their head office for a number of years.

8 minutes ago, bradiston said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?  I know where their shops are and how the rates (hardly) vary between them, I've dealt with their head office for a number of years.

So what? You're not the only person reading this thread.

So what?  I'll tell you what.  You responded to, and quoted, a comment of mine so it's not unreasonable for me to presume that your were addressing me, hence my reply    If you want to address the forum in general, not me, don't quote my comments in your post!

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So what?  I'll tell you what.  You responded to, and quoted, a comment of mine so it's not unreasonable for me to presume that your were addressing me, hence my reply    If you want to address the forum in general, not me, don't quote my comments in your post!

More than happy to oblige

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2022 at 8:37 PM, JimTripper said:

I doubt you would make much converting by carrying back and forth.

You're right.

But for fun let's do the math.  At the headquarters branch of Super Rich Green the selling rate to convert your baht into US 1 dollar bills is 33.37 and the buying rate to convert 100's into baht is 33.62.   So assuming exchange rates stay exactly and 10K USD the profit you would make is 2500 baht.

But unlikely anyone has room for all those 1 dollar bills in their hand luggage.  Perhaps Super Rich wouldn't have that quantity.  And if my bags were searched I wouldn't want to explain why I have those 1 dollar bills, "Officer a grumpy expat on an online forum told me this would be a good way to make 75 bucks".    ????

The selling rate for 20's is currently 33.57 which means you would make 500 baht.   Unless you live near the Super Rich headquarters it wouldn't be worth the effort getting there twice.  

2 hours ago, shortstop2 said:

You're right.

But for fun let's do the math.  At the headquarters branch of Super Rich Green the selling rate to convert your baht into US 1 dollar bills is 33.37 and the buying rate to convert 100's into baht is 33.62.   So assuming exchange rates stay exactly and 10K USD the profit you would make is 2500 baht.

But unlikely anyone has room for all those 1 dollar bills in their hand luggage.  Perhaps Super Rich wouldn't have that quantity.  And if my bags were searched I wouldn't want to explain why I have those 1 dollar bills, "Officer a grumpy expat on an online forum told me this would be a good way to make 75 bucks".    ????

The selling rate for 20's is currently 33.57 which means you would make 500 baht.   Unless you live near the Super Rich headquarters it wouldn't be worth the effort getting there twice.  

????

There is also the bill condition issue with US Dollars in Asia. They need to be near perfect with no rips, stains or tears or nobody wants them or wants to exchange them. In Cambodia it's particularly bad with people holding them up and debating whether or not to accept, etc.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1