Grown from seed - Avocado trees - 6 months old to 2.5 years old.

It depends how you treat it and whether you ground it or keep it in a pot. If you were to ground a 2.5 year old tree, I would say that within 3 to 4 years it can be mature. Maturation depends on soil quality and adjustments.

6 hours ago, Siam Dingo said:

It depends how you treat it and whether you ground it or keep it in a pot. If you were to ground a 2.5 year old tree, I would say that within 3 to 4 years it can be mature. Maturation depends on soil quality and adjustments.

I was always told grown from seed it is very unlikely to produce fruit. Normally it's done by a transplanted branch from a tree actually producing fruit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

I was always told grown from seed it is very unlikely to produce fruit. Normally it's done by a transplanted branch from a tree actually producing fruit.

How do avocados grow in the wild and produce fruit?

I have over 20 different plats here all grown from seed, all have produced excellent organic fruit. You should try some time yourself, then you can argue with your buddies what fruits and what doesn't.

I wonder what you don't know about growing trees...

Are you able to ship? Kerry? 

I live near Kanchanaburi, and have a few Avocado in already (Reed & Lamb-Haas) - but I may be pushing scheisen up hill here - because it gets so hot here.  I would welcome your thoughts. 

41 minutes ago, Siam Dingo said:

I have over 20 different plats here all grown from seed, all have produced excellent organic fruit. You should try some time yourself, then you can argue with your buddies what fruits and what doesn't.

Good on you. Trees? big green things that grow out of the ground.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, Siam Dingo said:

Read my post carefully and you will actually see I was only expressing a little bit of surprise that seed grown, say seeds from store bought avocados, would produce good fruit.

I do know that wild orange trees in south Italy produce fruit but they are so bitter and with so little juice they are impossible to eat. I know, I've tried.

G Rex I have not used Kerry to ship trees before, but I am sure it can be done. PM me what your thoughts are.

I have found some of my grounded trees love the shade around bananas during the scorching hot weather here in CM.  This enables them to develop longer and wider leaf spans.

I kept this one in a small 10L pot for 3 years and it struggled. It's now been 1 year in the ground and it has more than tripled it's size. I have a variety of cacao, bananas and many local flowering trees amongst my avocados and it seems to be pest free since being grounded.