Thai government planning to adjust Covid-19 daily reports

snoop1130

They did their best to scare the hell out of everybody, and now they regret it because they need to get the economy going again.

Meanwhile, I am hearing ancedotes that indicate that there is far more Covid around than they are letting on anyway. I have a friend who works in a factory in Lamphun - her company is reporting more Covid than ever and her close friend and her family have it now. Their village in Lampang is a cluster and access is to be closed off. Lampang?!? You can bet it is everywhere. Bad timing for the Junta - the Covid measures are unsustainable so they are going to liberalize right in the middle of what may be the worst outbreak yet in terms of the number of cases.

On 2/8/2022 at 6:42 PM, Petey11 said:

especially as Thailand has a policy of  enforced hospitalisation for any tourist who tests positive on day five after mixing with the local population.

No it doesn't.  This is a TVF perpetuated myth.  Long ago, yes, now, no.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

No it doesn't.  This is a TVF perpetuated myth.  Long ago, yes, now, no.

So if I visit Thailand as a tourist, rent a condo for maybe 3 weeks and test positive on day 5 I will be allowed to self isolate in that rented condo? Really? Please enlighten me. I'm talking about tourist visitors, not expat residents 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petey11 said:

So if I visit Thailand as a tourist, rent a condo for maybe 3 weeks and test positive on day 5 I will be allowed to self isolate in that rented condo? Really? Please enlighten me. I'm talking about tourist visitors, not expat residents 

Yes, as long as your symptoms are mild.