Slowly getting there.

Thanks to advice here - I have been able to research pretty thoroughly to tie all the necessary together.

Looks like with Test&Go - the following - but I have a couple of queries - hoping for answers here.

1. Passport - Flying in - Visa Waiver 30 days.
2. Fully jabbed - ensure Certificate of Vaccination etc,
3. Book Insurance 50,000 USD
4. Paid Reservation SHA Extra ++   – Day 1 - BKK to Hotel??
5. Paid Reservation SHA Extra ++   – Day 5 - CM Hotel??
6. Obtain Thailand PASS 7 days before travel date - needs Items 1 to 5.
7. PCR Test negative with 72 hours of travel.

NOTE Reservation Fees at Hotel to include airport transfer + 2 RT-PCR test fees) and process the application within 24 hours.

There seem to be a few SHA Hotels in Chiang Mai - but not cheap.

My only question is can I leave BKK and travel to CM after only 1 night in BKK Hotel?? taking my Day 5 PCR Test at a CM Hotel??

If so can I move about freely or do I have to stay put/'hunker down' in either?
I can go out to eat?

Wish I had not 'chopped' that flight ( wife poorly ) back to BKK before this whole show got started.
It was via Istanbul - never tried before - a first time for everything.

Best Rgds

5 hours ago, mbenson said:

You can apply up to 60 days in advance. I would definitely not wait until a week before travel.

He is entering visa exempt that will allow a 30 day entry. He is not applying for a tourist visa.

5 hours ago, factseeker said:

My only question is can I leave BKK and travel to CM after only 1 night in BKK Hotel?? taking my Day 5 PCR Test at a CM Hotel??

You can do that.

You only have to stay in the hotel long enough to get the 1st and 2nd tests.

14 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Yes you can travel freely between tests, but I would keep my head down as chance to catch it between tests is very real. 

Thnxs for heads up - what a mess that would be - we take Zinc  Quercetin Vit C - but of course does not prevent - supposedly  minimises.

Best Rgds

• Like 1

Would suggest you buy insurance from a uk company and get confirmation they will pay if on 2nd test you are positive but show no symptoms. This would mean 10 days in hospital/hospitel and it appears now that Thai insurance companies will only pay if you are ill and require treatment in hospital. Check these points carefully. There is a thread running on Asean now on these points.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Would suggest you buy insurance from a uk company and get confirmation they will pay if on 2nd test you are positive but show no symptoms. This would mean 10 days in hospital/hospitel and it appears now that Thai insurance companies will only pay if you are ill and require treatment in hospital. Check these points carefully. There is a thread running on Asean now on these points.

We were just discussing this point - not keen on situation at all -  I can see all manner of scenarios.

I hit the big 'eight O' mid last year - so not worried - will take what comes along.

Picked up the Virus right at the start 2020 before we knew what it was - few dodgy days and then no problem - so presume 'natural immunity - plus presently using Vit C  Zinc and Quercetin.

But of course as with even the Jabs - does not stop you 'carrying'.

Thnxs for your input.

Good health.

I haven't been able to find a UK policy that would cover everything that's needed. On the Thai Pass site, they are now directly advertising a broker with 3 companies that supposedly cover symptomatic, asymptomatic and close contact quarantine. I doubt they are competitive, and who knows if they will actually pay out, but if the ones they are pimping don't meet their requirements, it's hard to imagine that any of them will. 
https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html 

This is in no way a recommendation. I know nothing about the broker or the companies involved, beyond getting multiple adverts for it during the Thai Pass application process.

19 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

I haven't been able to find a UK policy that would cover everything that's needed. On the Thai Pass site, they are now directly advertising a broker with 3 companies that supposedly cover symptomatic, asymptomatic and close contact quarantine. I doubt they are competitive, and who knows if they will actually pay out, but if the ones they are pimping don't meet their requirements, it's hard to imagine that any of them will. 
https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html 

This is in no way a recommendation. I know nothing about the broker or the companies involved, beyond getting multiple adverts for it during the Thai Pass application process.

Understood - all pretty dodgy - I think now with all the useful feedback/input - I will wait it out until this coming Autumn - things seem to be 'breaking' almost daily as the 'powers that be' begin to back off.

Best Rgds & thnxs

• Like 1

19 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Reckon my dad had it about that time too. Lots of folk with strange viral pneumonia-like infection before Xmas 2019 even.

Don’t sweat 80. Ninety’s old. ????

Does make you wonder - I know it exists - I had me a 'spoonful' - bizarre stuff like purple toes but with no pain at all -  Vertigo - hair coming out - all now disappeared / corrected.

Only sad thing - my best eye lost the 20/20 enjoyed all my life - not totally back.

Heigh Ho - on we go.

Best Rgds