Arrival Point

KhaoYai

I can't find any information about this other than for Bangkok, Phuket & Samui.  Last time I arrived on Test & Go I booked into a hotel in Bangkok for my frst night and then travelled home to Khao Yai.  However, as there are SHA Plus + hotels near to me now, can I do my 1st night near home?  I'm guessing that if this is possible it would have to be in a car sent by the hotel, which would probably cost a crazy amount.  That could be negotiable though, so I just need to know if its possible - with links if the info is avilable.

Also, a friend is coming over soon - hos final destination will be Chiang Mai. I believe there are SHA Plus+ hotels in Chiang Mai, can he do his Day 1 test and quarantine there? If so, how about airport transfers, would he be allowed to board a flght from Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai or does he have to arrive at Chiang Mai? I think the latter and that would not be easy (maybe impossible) from the UK. I'm not even sure that CNX is open to international flights at the moment - I can't see any international arrivals or departures today on their website.

I'm guessing that in both cases, it will be far easier to stay in Bangkok for the first night.

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Also, a friend is coming over soon - hos final destination will be Chiang Mai. I believe there are SHA Plus+ hotels in Chiang Mai, can he do his Day 1 test and quarantine there? If so, how about airport transfers, would he be allowed to board a flght from Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai or does he have to arrive at Chiang Mai?

Scoot have started flights from SIN - CNX so it's possible, but would need care in organising.  Transfer at BKK is not allowed (yet?) for CNX.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

Those sha++ are for the 5th night. No point for stretching yourself for the 1st night. 

I have a very good reason to 'stretch' myself.  In any case, depending on your arrival time and how fast your test result comes, you can be away in a matter of hours - 6.5 for me last time.