Friendly Provincial Immi for Marriage Extensions for money in the bank

23 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Because they are lazy and it's less hassle for them as with marriage they have to check that 2 sets of paperwork are in order, 1 set for you, 1 set for your wife.

Wife does not submit a set of documentation for a marriage extension.

Its one set of documents and a copy. In other instances there are a few less checks for a marriage visa, no year long money seasoning, no insurance from OA etc.

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

......no year long money seasoning, no insurance from OA

Good point.

Nice way for those that had a non O-A to avoid the insurance and money in the bank (400k) only 2 months plus under consideration period.

Sweet deal. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Good point.

Nice way for those that had a non O-A to avoid the insurance and money in the bank (400k) only 2 months plus under consideration period.

Sweet deal. 

Yeah, people tend to skip over the things that are not required for a marriage extension, Nowadays its probably a similar amount of documents, trips to office etc. 

Just a quick praise of Korat IO.  Did a TM-30 in under 15 minutes 4 weeks ago ( outside building ) Oh, 90 day done and out the door in less than 5 minutes, no form needed - no waiting line. 90 day wait time has basically been this way for 3 years.

It's a matter of having ALL your paperwork in order and presented. TM-30 before that at Korat 20 minutes. ( Inside main office )

As to RETIREMENT vs MARRIAGE extensions, about 6 years ago a IO lived in the same building as I, he told me to ALWAYS do Retirement, never do Marriage, have ALL PAPERWORK UP TO DATE.  If you divorce ( or other problems (?) - his words ),  your Marriage extension can go south VERY QUICKLY!

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Because they are lazy and it's less hassle for them as with marriage they have to check that 2 sets of paperwork are in order, 1 set for you, 1 set for your wife.

They do not want  '1 set for you, 1 set for your wife'. It's you who's applying for the extension. not her.

The reason that they want two copies is because one set has to be sent to the regional HQ, where the application will come under additional scrutiny in order to weed out any sham marriages. The HQs have access to information not available to the district offices.

I do not accept the description of them being 'lazy' at all. The IOs in our local office have always been friendly, helpful and diligent in their duties.

OP, you do realize that one comment from one guy about one immigration office doesn't mean much. You would need at least 10 reports to form a judgement about one particular office, and even that is not a guarantee of anything as people can change.

You qualify for extensions, period.

So choose a city that suits you and your wife regardless of Imm. Best wishes for your move.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 3:34 PM, Will B Good said:

Chaiyaphum......not overly friendly, but far from aggressive.....fairly quiet most days...can book, though I doubt the booking system actually works.

(Just booked for Tuesday using their app.....no problem!!!)

I booked in Chaiyaphum 3 times. got conformation and reminder day before. They were closed 3 times because Covid 19 contamination

• Like 1

I am in Udon Thani, have been doing marriage extensions for 8 years. I wouldn't call them actually friendly, but usually quite helpful - although they do like a tip! Have had some minor issues, But just have to grit your teeth and make the changes asked for. Extensions take about one hour from when you get to the counter - have had to wait up to 2 hours, but late morning or afternoon best.

90 day reports - under 5 minutes these days, fastest was 90 seconds! Reporting change of address is not an issue - I have never actually done it, i think they did it for me once, and if you never change your home address, never have to report address again, wherever you have been for holidays or out of the country.

No need for appointments. Just turn up.