Tm30

18 minutes ago, LauChan said:

Appears landlord lost title deed to do tm30 and probably have to apply for duplicate.

Why do you need to have a TM30.

Did you change your address?

Have you previously been doing 90 day reports? 

OP, you just posted a reply and I see that you have changed address.

I would just use previous address for extension and do the TM30 later when it can be sorted out.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you have changed addresses or entered the country with a new visa a new TM30 report is not required.

A receipt for a TM30 done previously is all you should need.

hi Joe. this subject confuses me no end so hoping you can assist. I'm currently living in hotels in Krung Thep whilst looking for a permanent place to live.

my understanding is that every time I change hotels they will complete a TM30 and that will become my new address in the immi database.

so when I finally get a condo (harder than it seems) the property agent or landlord will do a TM30 for me and that becomes my new address. do they have an option to declare this as my 'permanent address?

if not, what happens when I take little trips around the country staying in hotels as I intend to do? the hotel will submit a TM30, that becomes my new address, and I encounter issues with 90-day reporting.

ps. been coming to LOS since '97 but this is my first time as a retiree. 

21 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

so when I finally get a condo (harder than it seems) the property agent or landlord will do a TM30 for me and that becomes my new address. do they have an option to declare this as my 'permanent address?

You will confirm it as your fixed residence when you apply for a extension of stay at immigration. Ask the landlord for the receipt when the TM30 form is submitted to show immigration. If they do it online ask for a screenshot of it.

22 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

if not, what happens when I take little trips around the country staying in hotels as I intend to do? the hotel will submit a TM30, that becomes my new address, and I encounter issues with 90-day reporting.

After setting your fixed residence the reports done by a hotel and etc will not change it.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will confirm it as your fixed residence when you apply for a extension of stay at immigration. Ask the landlord for the receipt when the TM30 form is submitted to show immigration. If they do it online ask for a screenshot of it.

After setting your fixed residence the reports done by a hotel and etc will not change it.

ah that's how it's done. thanks Joe, love your work ????

In 12 years of retirement extensions, I have neve done one or had a landlord complete a TM30 for me... and have never been asked for one (at Jomtien). I did complete a TM28 for change of address when I moved to my current address 5 years ago. I just show them my rental contract, and that's the end of it.