Work permit for permanent resident

Hello

Can anyone shed any light on how having permanent residency affects the process of getting a work permit?

I have heard that it is "easier" for permanent residents but I have no idea what that means.

I also hear reports from some that the requirement for having 4 Thai members of staff per foreigner is removed for PR holders, so in theory a PR holder could get a work permit as a sole employee of a company. Has anyone any experience of this? Clear information on the subject is hard to come by

Thanks in advance

On 2/13/2022 at 1:28 PM, MRtommyR said:

I also hear reports from some that the requirement for having 4 Thai members of staff per foreigner is removed for PR holders, so in theory a PR holder could get a work permit as a sole employee of a company. Has anyone any experience of this? Clear information on the subject is hard to come by

On 2/13/2022 at 1:28 PM, MRtommyR said:

I see the OP has been referred to the PR thread, however, the OP brings up an interesting related point which applies to more folks besides PR holders.  The 4 Thai members of staff per foreigner is a clear requirement for getting a NonB annual extension for people using Immigration Building 1 at CW. 

But is this ratio also a requirement for getting a work permit renewed at the Labour Department?  I've heard mixed responses on this point and would welcome any clarification.  For example, does someone with a NonO visa extension for marriage also get a work permit renewed?

4 hours ago, Misty said:

But is this ratio also a requirement for getting a work permit renewed at the Labour Department?  I've heard mixed responses on this point and would welcome any clarification.  For example, does someone with a NonO visa extension for marriage also get a work permit renewed?

You can apply for a work permit with a non-o visa or a extension of stay based upon marriage. There is no requirement to show immigration your work permit when applying for a extension of stay unless using the income from working to prove the 40k income.

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a work permit with a non-o visa or a extension of stay based upon marriage. There is no requirement to show immigration your work permit when applying for a extension of stay unless using the income from working to prove the 40k income.

Thanks Ubonjoe that helps.  When applying for a work permit, is there any requirement to show the Labour Dept that your company employs 4 Thais per foreign employee?  Or is that only for Immigration and NonB extensions?

33 minutes ago, Misty said:

Thanks Ubonjoe that helps.  When applying for a work permit, is there any requirement to show the Labour Dept that your company employs 4 Thais per foreign employee?

The number of Thai employee needed depends upon the work permit office requires where you apply for it. The basic rule is 4 Thai employees. You need to contact them about their requirements if married to a Thai.

At one time a ministerial regulation that allowed only 2 employees but it was changed around 2010. It also reduced the registered capital required to 1 million baht if married to a Thai.