Missing Thread?

thaiflyer1

Can anyone tell me if ive been dreaming......i/m sure i read a thread yesterday in this forum warning people against using Mr Boon travel in soi post office but i cant seem to find it now. The poster said that Mr Boon was taking money for tickets and then not issuing them ....he was using the money to pay off gambling debts. Why i am asking is.....last night i was in the Wonderful Bar soi Yamoto and got talking to a guy from England...he was due to fly back this morning and had paid Mr Boon 30k baht for a ticket which at 9pm last night he was still waiting for! He has been fobbed off for 2 days with Mr B travel saying come back in 30 mins, 20 mins etc. After i told him about what i had read, he went back round to Mr Boons and said he knew Mr Boon was using customers money to pay off debts...at this point a second thai gent in the office went into a drawer and produced the guys ticket...it had been in the drawer all along! Then he was basically thrown out the office. Seems like a good scam to me......farang no come back for ticket...Mr Boon cancels it and gets refund...Mr Farang meantime has gone back to the U.K with little chance of getting any satisfaction. Anyways just wondering if the tread had been deleted for any reason? :o

A warning was given out two weeks ago at the Pattaya City Expats Club about this place. There are many people complaining about him and he uses threats when you complain. An elderly English gentleman (76 years old) was beaten by bike chains a few weeks ago after creating a scene in his shop. The Tourist Police have been involved in 3 cases over the last 2 weeks that I know about to get either tickets or money for people. They said Mr Boon is a very bad man.

Keep away from the place and tell the press/magazine you see his advertisment in whats going on. I told Pattaya Today, lets see what happens.

the guy who made us aware of this in the expats club meeting has recieved a threat from mr boon directly, that if he didn't stop warning people and telling people mr boon was a bad man he would kill him.

What are the libel laws like in Thailand - the least you have to do in defence isto prove that what you have written is true. Even then the verdict can go against you if it is proved that the published info was done in spite, rather than as genuine information.

Up2U......i might add that as far as spite goes i have never had any dealings with Mr Boon...and if the only report had been what i read on virtual tourist i probably wouldnt of posted it on here, but when i spoke to the guy in the wonderful bar that night......it sort of swung it for me. If you wish to use Mr B thats Up2Y as they say.

What are the libel laws like in Thailand - the least you have to do in defence isto prove that what you have written is true. Even then the verdict can go against you if it is proved that the published info was done in spite, rather than as genuine information.

This is a worry, Can anyone substantiate this claim? If not then perhaps it does not belong here ?

We all understand the need to warn folks of shonky dealers, but without proof we are all asking for trouble.

What say you?

the proof is, I personally know 2 people who have been ripped off by him over the last month. I know he was arrested a few weeks ago, I know the man who was threatened by mr boon.

• 2 weeks later...