Thai woman’s attacker appears before New York court charged with robbery and assault last year

webfact

On 2/17/2022 at 1:20 PM, rudi49jr said:

Whereas everything in small-town USA (like Brunswick, Georgia, where Ahmed (sic) Arbery was killed by a bunch of redneck racists) is all just peachy.

<<<<Comments on moderation removed>>>>

So your sarcastic comment is to point out that these criminals are everywhere?  You may have a point...

From Reuters "Factbox: Who was Ahmaud Arbery:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/who-was-ahmaud-arbery-2021-11-18/

"In 2013, a year after he graduated from high school, he went back on campus to attend a basketball game and was found with a pistol in his waistband. He was given five years of probation. ...

In 2017, he was arrested for attempted shoplifting of a television from a local Walmart."

I wonder why Arbery, who supposedly was just out for a jog, routinely interrupted his jogs to snoop around in houses that were under construction.  Unfortunate for him that there was a history of theft of property at other construction sites in the neighborhood.   I'm sure an upstanding citizen like Arbery had no knowledge of those thefts and was only trespassing on the unattended construction sites because of an interest in architecture.

3 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

<<<<Comments on moderation removed>>>>

So your sarcastic comment is to point out that these criminals are everywhere?  You may have a point...

From Reuters "Factbox: Who was Ahmaud Arbery:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/who-was-ahmaud-arbery-2021-11-18/

"In 2013, a year after he graduated from high school, he went back on campus to attend a basketball game and was found with a pistol in his waistband. He was given five years of probation. ...

In 2017, he was arrested for attempted shoplifting of a television from a local Walmart."

I wonder why Arbery, who supposedly was just out for a jog, routinely interrupted his jogs to snoop around in houses that were under construction.  Unfortunate for him that there was a history of theft of property at other construction sites in the neighborhood.   I'm sure an upstanding citizen like Arbery had no knowledge of those thefts and was only trespassing on the unattended construction sites because of an interest in architecture.

I already replied to a poster with an almost identical post. This is what I replied:

That may all very well be true, but it’s still no reason for those three guys to do what they did, is it? Just go on Youtube and see the astonishing number of videos of black men being harassed by (mainly) white people, just for entering the apartment building where they live, or sitting in the lobby of the hotel they’re staying at, or washing their car in the driveway of their own home, or being an estate agent going into a house to show it to potential clients. The list is endless. Racism is very much a part of life in the USA.”

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2022 at 12:20 AM, EricTh said:

in instances of physical or verbal assault and harassment when the race of the perpetrator was confirmed.

Or the race of he perpetrator is not confirmed under some selective circumstances?

5 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I already replied to a poster with an almost identical post. This is what I replied:

That may all very well be true, but it’s still no reason for those three guys to do what they did, is it? Just go on Youtube and see the astonishing number of videos of black men being harassed by (mainly) white people, just for entering the apartment building where they live, or sitting in the lobby of the hotel they’re staying at, or washing their car in the driveway of their own home, or being an estate agent going into a house to show it to potential clients. The list is endless. Racism is very much a part of life in the USA.”

Tell us your home country so we can school you on your country's racism. Racism happens in the USA but it's not a racist country, comprende.

18 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Tell us your home country so we can school you on your country's racism. Racism happens in the USA but it's not a racist country, comprende.

No need to school me on my country’s racism, I’m already fully aware of that. And I never said there was no racism in my home country, capice?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

No need to school me on my country’s racism, I’m already fully aware of that. And I never said there was no racism in my home country, capice?

I don't recall what your home country is. 

Edited by EVENKEEL

20 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

The Netherlands. You can bash it all you want, if that tickles your fancy.

Why would I want to bash your country? The only thing I know about the Netherlands is I'd like to visit. Social media shows you what they want you to see, they create a perception based on their agenda. 

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Try to keep up Rudi...

I only reposted because the original post was removed due to my not supplying a Reuters link.

You're second posting of this comment to the same thread makes no sense if it wasn't taken down like mine was.

Whatever...

54 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

Try to keep up Rudi...

I only reposted because the original post was removed due to my not supplying a Reuters link.

You're second posting of this comment to the same thread makes no sense if it wasn't taken down like mine was.

Whatever...

No need to be condescending. Some of us are a little more IQ-challenged than others, and we have to make do with substantially less than the giant intellect you obviously possess, so be a little patient with us.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/24/2022 at 7:17 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Don't blame blacks for blacks committing hate crimes blame white supremacy. It's worth a glance.

Is this satire, sarcasm,or some other kind of humor?

On 2/17/2022 at 1:20 PM, rudi49jr said:

Whereas everything in small-town USA (like Brunswick, Georgia, where Ahmed Arbery was killed by a bunch of redneck racists) is all just peachy.

False Equivocation.  How is the racially motivated murder of a black man in Georgia related to this crime in NY? 

On 2/23/2022 at 11:36 AM, rudi49jr said:

That may all very well be true, but it’s still no reason for those three guys to do what they did, is it? Just go on Youtube and see the astonishing number of videos of black men being harassed by (mainly) white people, just for entering the apartment building where they live, or sitting in the lobby of the hotel they’re staying at, or washing their car in the driveway of their own home, or being an estate agent going into a house to show it to potential clients. The list is endless. Racism is very much a part of life in the USA. 

That's why the sentences given to those scum in the Arberry murder were so right!

On 2/17/2022 at 3:28 PM, jomtienisgood said:

High time his ' shift ' finished. lol .....

Permanently, no fun-fare, no bleeding hearts BS - just removed. 

Edited by Artisi

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Of course I didn't.

You can't blame white people for the violent crime of black people.

African Americans are some of the most privileged people on Earth.

They wouldn't trade places with a Cambodian, Mexican, Ukrainian, or Ethiopian, I guarantee you. They hit the jackpot being born in a first world country, just as we did.

Sure, their ancestors were enslaved hundreds of years ago. Slavery existed all over the world. It was common. Thailand had slaves too. You don't hear anyone else today whining.

Most of us have a harsh history. England did unspeakable thing to my ancestors.

Many blacks grow up in ghettos, okay. Well, many whites grow up in ghettos in Europe too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Of course I didn't.

You can't blame white people for the violent crime of black people.

African Americans are some of the most privileged people on Earth.

They wouldn't trade places with a Cambodian, Mexican, Ukrainian, or Ethiopian, I guarantee you. They hit the jackpot being born in a first world country, just as we did.

Sure, their ancestors were enslaved hundreds of years ago. Slavery existed all over the world. It was common. Thailand had slaves too. You don't hear anyone else today whining.

Most of us have a harsh history. England did unspeakable thing to my ancestors.

Many blacks grow up in ghettos, okay. Well, many whites grow up in ghettos in Europe too.

So, in response I guess it was sarcasm.

Because I agree with you, but some have a way of making "White Supremacy" the root of all problems.