Poll: Expats living in Thailand -- Are You Boosted?

Jingthing

Expats in Thailand ONLY / Boosting ONLY  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The question is clear.

It may be interesting to know the percentage of boosted expats compared to the percentage of boosted Thais and other regions / countries.

I recently read the boosted rates in Europe are about 50 percent and in the US 27 percent.

So how do the expats here size up?

Edited by Jingthing

11 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Had the double AZ, completed late last year. But no plans to get a booster of the m-RNA type. Actually had Covid in October last year, and have had worse flu, tbh.

Same as me two AZ in Bangkok, no plan for a booster.

My home country doesn't recommend to mix different types anyway. 

Edited by Mentors65
  • Like 2

AZ - 3 months later AZ - 3 months later Pfizer. That's it, I don't want anymore, I believe the pandemic is in its final stages anyway. But if I MUST have another jab in order to enter Australia or return to Thailand in the future then I'll have it.

• Like 1

Got 2x Pfizer last year. Still waiting for 'permission' to get booster. 'Eligible' from early March on. Following scenarios:

1. Booster will be offered later this year.

2. Booster will be possible if bought from hospital. (Willing to do so.)

3. Won't get a booster until September. Might look for offers abroad.

• Like 2

Pfizer for the initial series. Moderna booster last month. I plan to travel, both in Thailand and overseas; May - July, and September. Before I leave on those trips I will get another booster. As for vaccinations already received, nothing but expected post shot reactions. No long term after effects or problems. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, grain said:

AZ - 3 months later AZ - 3 months later Pfizer. That's it, I don't want anymore, I believe the pandemic is in its final stages anyway. But if I MUST have another jab in order to enter Australia or return to Thailand in the future then I'll have it.

Exactly the same here. Apparently the benefits of the booster wear off after 4 months. I might go for Moderna next just to have some variety. All shots were free from the Thai government after our ambassadors guilt tripped them into it and all 3 shots were a hassle to get. But I'm a fat ass who eats like <deleted> and never exercises so they could be why I'm still alive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

AZ, 11 weeks later AZ again, booster (Pfizer) 4 months thereafter. All in Bangkok, free of charge.

Note that for instance EU countries now set an 'expiry date' on vaccine passports. Though it was proposed that the passport would be valid for 9 months following the 2nd dose (or one for JJ)  https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2021/11/25/eu-s-covid-travel-pass-will-expire-nine-months-after-last-vaccine-dose-says-brussels, many countries have set their own rules  https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/vaccine-certificate-validity-for-each-schengen-eu-member-state/. The validity can be extended by getting a booster shot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, huangnon said:

Had the double AZ, completed late last year. But no plans to get a booster of the m-RNA type. Actually had Covid in October last year, and have had worse flu, tbh.

That's your personal experience and at odds with thousands of others who had a tough time getting Covid. Not to mention long Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had two Pfizer jabs last August and September ,they are saying around here wait 6 months for a booster ,which seems a long time to me ,as other countries are saying 3 months for the booster.

The last roll-out,around here  two weeks ago had AZ and Pfizer vaccines. 

Will have one when the time comes.

15 hours ago, kickstart said:

I had two Pfizer jabs last August and September ,they are saying around here wait 6 months for a booster ,which seems a long time to me ,as other countries are saying 3 months for the booster.

The Thai government has a booster shot eligibility schedule (in the form of a graphic) that spells out when people are eligible. The range is between 3 and 6 months after, depending on what one's original two shots were.

If memory serves, original shots of Sinovac have shorter follow times for boosters, whereas two original shots of mRNA vaccines have the longest follow-up times.  There are lots of different vaccine combinations that various people here could have received for their original shots, so there are a lot of different booster timeframes for all those combos, in the 3-6 month range.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No, absolutely easy to understand, I don't believe COVID will harm me or my family.

I only ever had the original 2 vaccinations for what I was told would give me ease to move around.

But they lied, I now have to buy worthless insurance, I have to buy tests, I have to apply for travel, I have to have boosters, I have to wear a mask .......

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. 

Good on you Boris

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Just tried to register, but received the message 'registration was unsuccessfull because vaccination record did not meet the conditions met by the Ministry of Public Health', so that probably means that they won't give boosters until everyone who got double Pfizer has had it for more than 6 months...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

Just got my Pfizer booster yesterday at Bang Sue...in an out in less than an hour including the 30 minute observation time. They have it down to a science. Great job by the staff at Bang Sue. This morning...no apparent side effects that I can ascertain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1