No Booster For Farangs With 2 Pfizer

mercman24

thai friend just this second rang me to say that Thai gov, will not give farangs a free booster for those with 2 pfizer  jabs, the nurse said that 2 was enough, in fact they refused a farang today while she was queuing up to register,, any thoughts i think this nurse is giving out wrong information

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.
  • Like 1

the wife and me both had two Pfizer shots, and received a Booster , but it was before the free booster program and we paid for it. (Moderna)  But it was not very much , if I remember correctly it was about 1200 bht each .

I cant believe they wont give you  the free one , but if they wont or you have to wait too long , 1200 is not worth your life or getting seriously ill. 

• Like 1

· 
Bang Sue Central Vaccination Center has opened to provide booster doses of COVID-19 vaccine, or the third dose, from 17 February 2022 onward at entrances 2 and 3, from 09.00 to 16.00 hr. Walk-in is available. 
Those who are eligible for the third dose 
(1) have had the second dose of Sinovac or Sinopharm at least 30 days before, 
(2) have had the second dose of AstraZeneca-AstraZeneca, Sinovac/Sinopharm-AstraZeneca, Sinovac/Sinopharm-Pfizer, or Sinovac/Sinopharm-Moderna at least 90 days before, or 
(3) have had the second dose of Pfizer-Pfizer or AstraZeneca-Pfizer at least 180 days before
Meanwhile, Adults who wish to get the fourth dose and children aged 5-11 years who want to get a first or second dose must register through the Thai mobile network.

274203544_314357440727073_5657078008164530426_n.jpg

Who speaks Thainglish? I found this on AIS:

(...)

Group 2: Vaccinate up to 3 needles. Get a stimulating needle Needle 4
• Inject 1+2 needles with SV/SP or crossover
Inject title 3 with AZ or PZ for 90 days

(...)

Thai:

(...)

กลุ่ม 2: ฉีดวัคซีนครบ 3 เข็ม รับเข็มกระตุ้น เข็ม 4
• ฉีดเข็ม 1+2 ด้วย SV/SP หรือสูตรไขว้
• ฉีดเข็ม 3 ด้วย AZ หรือ PZ ครบ 90 วัน

(...)

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

· 
Bang Sue Central Vaccination Center has opened to provide booster doses of COVID-19 vaccine, or the third dose, from 17 February 2022 onward at entrances 2 and 3, from 09.00 to 16.00 hr. Walk-in is available. 
Those who are eligible for the third dose 
(1) have had the second dose of Sinovac or Sinopharm at least 30 days before, 
(2) have had the second dose of AstraZeneca-AstraZeneca, Sinovac/Sinopharm-AstraZeneca, Sinovac/Sinopharm-Pfizer, or Sinovac/Sinopharm-Moderna at least 90 days before, or 
(3) have had the second dose of Pfizer-Pfizer or AstraZeneca-Pfizer at least 180 days before
Meanwhile, Adults who wish to get the fourth dose and children aged 5-11 years who want to get a first or second dose must register through the Thai mobile network.

274203544_314357440727073_5657078008164530426_n.jpg

I tried to register as it will have been 6 months for me in early March. I was rejected, even though I picked a date in March.

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I tried to register as it will have been 6 months for me in early March. I was rejected, even though I picked a date in March.

Walk in?

Try the BMA Thai Youth Center, Din Daeng, via QueQ or walk in.

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

See the chart Bkk Brian posted a few posts upstream.

Sinovac 1X + Sinopharm 1X, or Sinovac 2X or Sinopharm 2X means you can get AstraZeneca or Pfizer booster at 90 days.

16 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Walk in?

Try the BMA Thai Youth Center, Din Daeng, via QueQ or walk in.

See the chart Bkk Brian posted a few posts upstream.

Sinovac 1X + Sinopharm 1X, or Sinovac 2X or Sinopharm 2X means you can get AstraZeneca or Pfizer booster at 90 days.

If I walked in now, I'd probably be rejected, as my 6 months are only up in March.

As for Pfizer, I must have misunderstood that people who got 2x Pfizer can register now.

29 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

If I walked in now, I'd probably be rejected, as my 6 months are only up in March.

Yes, obviously you should wait until your six month anniversary BEFORE walking in.

Same-same for REGISTRATION.

31 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

As for Pfizer, I must have misunderstood that people who got 2x Pfizer can register now.

IMLE, no.

Although I haven't tried every registration system out there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

(...)

Group 2: Vaccinate up to 3 needles. Get a stimulating needle Needle 4
• Inject 1+2 needles with SV/SP or crossover
Inject title 3 with AZ or PZ for 90 days

(...)

Thai:

(...)

กลุ่ม 2: ฉีดวัคซีนครบ 3 เข็ม รับเข็มกระตุ้น เข็ม 4
• ฉีดเข็ม 1+2 ด้วย SV/SP หรือสูตรไขว้
• ฉีดเข็ม 3 ด้วย AZ หรือ PZ ครบ 90 วัน

(...)

That is an automated Google translation of the original Thai text of the web page.

Quite obviously, the Thai text is written badly and as a result the English translation is bad. It is akin to our habit of writing, in English, jab or shot instead of vaccination and this would probably also result in an incomprehensible Google Thai translation.

You need a Thai person familiar with the Thai jargon to register on this Thai language web page on the AIS website.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 4:52 PM, Denim said:

I went to try and get a booster locally a few days ago. I was told that if your first 2 shots were  Pfizer they won't give a booster until the 6 month mark is reached. Since my last was in October I was turned away. They told me to return when the 6 months is up and they will give me a Pfizer booster for free.

Exactly the same dates and refusal, for the same reason, for me.

When vaccinated in Oct I asked, and was told 3 months for the booster. In December, as Omicron was taking hold, the PH Ministry announced 3 months was the new norm. It seems this has now changed to 6 months, perhaps depending on where and with whom you ask.

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Any updates for people with 2x Pfizer in 2021?

What date did you receive PFizer #2?

Where are you located?

As long as you are at +6 months you should be able to a get a Pfizer or Moderna booster.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Where are you located?

As long as you are at +6 months you should be able to a get a Pfizer or Moderna booster.

Bangkok, 2nd shot on 7th September. Didn't find any info about 'Pfizer+Pfizer' on the telecom company sites.

21 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Where are you located?

But where?

All I see is boosters for people who had AZ/Chinese vaccines

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, danferguson said:

But where?

All I see is boosters for people who had AZ/Chinese vaccines

Well, where do you stay in thailand?

And what is your vaccination history?

Once you're at +6 months, assuming your Pfizer 2X, you will be able to walk in. or make a reservation? Try the QueQ app?

Note that the OP still hasn't passed their 6 month window.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Well, where do you stay in thailand?

And what is your vaccination history?

Once you're at +6 months, assuming your Pfizer 2X, you will be able to walk in. or make a reservation? Try the QueQ app?

Note that the OP still hasn't passed their 6 month window.

I live in Pattaya. My 6 months deadline is tomorrow. Double Pfizer before.

I have never heard of QueQ!

Is there a website where all this info on the correct process is available?