No Booster For Farangs With 2 Pfizer

mercman24

56 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I'd ask in the Pataya forum?

I see announcements every day from the MoPH and provincial health authorities on Twitter and FB.

I saw some vaccination program at Central Festival from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.

https://www.queq.me/

Where did you get your first two doses? Maybe ask there?

I thought the title of this thread was very specific, so asked here.

BHP, as far as I could make out, was not for people who had double Pfizer....but the wording was difficult to understand

I will check out Queq - thanks

First 2 doses were Medpark in Bangkok - I can go there again, just would be simpler to do it where I live

Edited by danferguson

On 2/17/2022 at 10:41 AM, mercman24 said:

...any thoughts i think this nurse is giving out wrong information

Because of important information missing in this hearsay story it is impossible to judge whether the nurse gave out wrong information and/or whether there was some misunderstanding.

For example, how much time has elapsed since the last vaccination of the person mentioned in this story?

On 2/17/2022 at 5:15 PM, sirineou said:

the wife and me both had two Pfizer shots, and received a Booster , but it was before the free booster program and we paid for it. (Moderna)  But it was not very much , if I remember correctly it was about 1200 bht each .

I cant believe they wont give you  the free one , but if they wont or you have to wait too long , 1200 is not worth your life or getting seriously ill. 

Same here, paid 1650 at Buriram Ram,  but my health cover refunds vaccines 100% without co payment. Actually I didn't get any vaccine from the Thai government, I went to Khon Kaen to get a Janssen and a Moderna from the French Embassy while I pre ordered two doses of Moderna for every one in the family, including the ILs. 

Gotta do the right thing in life, chose the right government and employer and only then retire to Thailand.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 12:47 PM, danferguson said:

I thought the title of this thread was very specific, so asked here.

BHP, as far as I could make out, was not for people who had double Pfizer....but the wording was difficult to understand

I will check out Queq - thanks

First 2 doses were Medpark in Bangkok - I can go there again, just would be simpler to do it where I live

Last week I tried a walk-in at Medpark (where I also received the first 2 doses) as their online registration is closed. Failed: I was told to go to Bangsue. However it is unclear whether Bangsue will give boosters to those who obtained their first doses elsewhere. 

21 minutes ago, Clydesdale said:

However it is unclear whether Bangsue will give boosters to those who obtained their first doses elsewhere. 

I was at Bangsue few weeks ago with somebody who received 1st and 2nd dose somewhere else.

Walk-in was possible. Not busy at all. Waiting time about 5 seconds at door 3.

10 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

Walk-in was possible. Not busy at all. Waiting time about 5 seconds at door 3

Your post is clear. Just asking for confirmation.

So I had 2 doses of AZ at Bang Sue. 

Now about 4 months since my last jab.

I can just walk in to obtain a booster?

Is there a choice. I don't care what vaccine is available. 

Edited by DrJack54

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I can just walk in to obtain a booster?

Is there a choice. I don't care what vaccine is available. 

Yes you could just walk in. Or get an appointment via mobile providers (True, AIS).

You could get halve dose Pfizer or full dose Pfizer booster. Just see signs at the entrance.

Think halve dose at door 2 and full dose at door 3.

At the time also Moderna was available, but think they do mostly Pfizer now. Just confirm when you walk in.

Just a caution, I was there few weeks back and things might have changed slightly since then.

4 hours ago, Resident Alien said:

Still nothing for people who got 2x Pfizer six months ago... Should one wait, or sign up for Moderna? If so, what are the best offers in Bangkok?

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Still nothing for people who got 2x Pfizer six months ago... Should one wait, or sign up for Moderna? If so, what are the best offers in Bangkok?

If you received: Pfizer-BioNTech.

When to get a booster: At least 5 months after completing your primary COVID-19 vaccination series.

Booster: Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna (mRNA COVID-19 vaccines) are preferred in most situations.

I know some people who ordered and paid for Moderna and are still waiting for their shot.

Suggest try to make an appointment via mobile provider or walk-in at the Bang Sue CVC and find out.

4 hours ago, Resident Alien said:

Suggest try to make an appointment via mobile provider (...)

Tried that with 2 mobile providers, but both applications were declined. In the descriptions there's only the Chinese ones mentioned and AstraZeneca.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, Clydesdale said:

Last week I tried a walk-in at Medpark (where I also received the first 2 doses) as their online registration is closed. Failed: I was told to go to Bangsue. However it is unclear whether Bangsue will give boosters to those who obtained their first doses elsewhere. 

I have a Moderna shot available at MedPark. (I had to pay for two at the time, but I only needed one for a booster.) They have appointments available now. 

Message me if you are interested.

@DrJack54 @StayinThailand2much

Trust you read the lastest news.

March 10, 2022:

"Bookings no longer needed for jabs at Bang Sue.

The Central Vaccination Centre (CVC) at Bang Sue Grand Station is offering vaccine shots regardless of which dose it is for both Thais and foreign nationals on a walk-in basis.
The CVC is ramping up vaccinations in the build-up to the Songkran festival in the middle of next month.
For easier access to the vaccine, inoculations at Bang Sue Grand Station, the country's biggest vaccination centre, will be available for walk-ins.
The service is open to both Thais and foreign nationals and people can choose what vaccine they want, regardless of what dose they require.
Shots will be offered from 9am-4pm daily until the Songkran festival from April 13-15.
The station will be closed on Chakri Memorial Day on April 6 and during the Songkran festival. It will reopen on April 18."

Just got my booster ( Pfizer) last wed at Jetanin hospital in Bangkok which is very close to Chidlom BTS station.

Just download the QueQ app, there's loads of locations but they're all in the Bangkok area, I travelled from Pattaya and had a couple of nights in Bangkok.

Whole process at the hospital took 25 mins and that included the 15 mins they make you wait after you've had the jab.

On 2/17/2022 at 4:47 PM, LomSak27 said:

Not one but two government vaccination centers will in Chiang Mai. Maybe its time to quit whingeing and come on up. ????  

Could you please advise, which 2 centres you are referring to.

Thank you

• Confused 1

Booked and paid for Moderna at Medpark Hospital on 10/Mar.

Received the booster shot yesterday and being updated in Mor Pohm apps.

Less than 10 people included me,  entire process took about 30 minutes.

Saw they also provide AZ and Pfizer but not sure who is eligible, maybe local.