Emirates travel insurance for Thailand Pass?

tavernier

some people claimed the last year, yet before TP (on CoE), that it worked.

This insurance can be cancelled at anytime by the insurer.

Some consulates stated at that time that is not valid for CoE.

Even if you will get TP, you might have problem at check in or on landing.

Personally I would chose full health insurance for the whole stay, but with the largest possible deductible and largest possible accident

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

The insurance cover does seem to cover the Thai Pass requirement.

My wife is going back next week so I've just sent an email to them requesting it - not that she needs it for the Thai Pass as she's Thai, but no harm in having a personalised copy.

FYI

Emirate got back with a personal letter from AIG. Those personal details are on page 1.

Cover is for 31 days max. This is available if booked before 31st March.

The benefits are as follows:

Schedule of Benefits:

The following covers are provided for each Insured person. It is important that you refer to the terms and conditions for full details of cover

A1

COVID-19 Medical Expenses (including Inpatient and Outpatient care) - If you test positive for COVID-19

Coverage (GBP £)

Excess 

Nil

A2

Emergency Medical Evacuation & Repatriation - if you test positive for COVID-19

Actual Cost

Nil

Repatriation of Remains – in the event of death from COVID-19

Actual Cost

Nil

B

Overseas COVID-19 Quarantine Allowance – if you test positive for COVID-19

80 per day up to 14 days

(Maximum of 1,120)

Nil

C

Emergency Travel Assistance

Included

Nil

Edited by Pmbkk

11 hours ago, Upnotover said:

You email the insurer (details are on the EK website) and they will send you personalised details of your cover.  If it's good enough for TP is another question.

1338241580_Screenshot2022-02-1815_09_27.png.742ac7ffa5cffaf1dd3ff09f00c5c849.png

It won't be because it's not a health insurance unless you are killed in an accident 

The AIG product that Emirates provides is a personal accident policy that only covers expenses related to Covid-19. It does not cover other illnesses or accidents and is not a medical insurance policy.

My understanding is that Thailand Pass requires full-on medical insurance that includes cover for Covid-19. The requirement for Thailand Pass is therefore broader than the coverage provided by the AIG/Emirates co-branded product and would not satisfy Thailand Pass requirements.

It is possible that some may have managed to obtain a Thailand Pass using this cover, but this was likely due to an oversight. 

• Like 2

yes, until 30.11 AIG was a health insurance, covering for $500k.

From 1.12 it's only covid accident policy for $200k.

So some people used it for CoE, but for TP pass wording changed from "covid $100k" to "health $50k".

That was within the first days of TP program.

Still, before that, some travellers were complaining for not being covered.

AIG require immediate contact on testing positive, before starting any isolation, treatment. 

13 hours ago, Upnotover said:

You email the insurer (details are on the EK website) and they will send you personalised details of your cover.  If it's good enough for TP is another question.

1338241580_Screenshot2022-02-1815_09_27.png.742ac7ffa5cffaf1dd3ff09f00c5c849.png

can i piggyback on this topic.  what if i stay more than 30 days .,  maybe i just call up the insurer and pay for the extra days insurance. or another company?  not sure if 2 companies and two policies for lets say 2 month trip is ok.  noting that the free emerites insurances is only 30 days

8 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

FYI

Emirate got back with a personal letter from AIG. Those personal details are on page 1.

Schedule of Benefits:

The following covers are provided for each Insured person. It is important that you refer to the terms and conditions for full details of cover

A1

COVID-19 Medical Expenses (including Inpatient and Outpatient care) - If you test positive for COVID-19

Coverage (GBP £)

Excess 

Nil

A2

Actual Cost

Nil

Actual Cost

Nil

B

80 per day up to 14 days

(Maximum of 1,120)

Nil

C

Included

Nil

what do you do if your trip is 60 days

4 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

can i piggyback on this topic.  what if i stay more than 30 days .,  maybe i just call up the insurer and pay for the extra days insurance. or another company?  not sure if 2 companies and two policies for lets say 2 month trip is ok.  noting that the free emerites insurances is only 30 days

I don't think AIG will extend the Emirates product beyond the 31 day maximum policy period. This product is what is called a NAC (No Additional Cost) product that is developed and co-branded with another company which then includes the cost into a product they sell to the consumer. The end user usually can't request modification or extension of coverage.

If you are contemplating travel insurance, it needs to be taken out before travel commences and coverage inception is tied to your initial departure date. This would rule out getting a second travel policy during your trip. Your best option is to get a proper travel policy that includes Covid-19 cover prior to your initial departure and have it cover the entire period you plan to be away from your country of residence.

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

yes, until 30.11 AIG was a health insurance, covering for $500k.

From 1.12 it's only covid accident policy for $200k.

So some people used it for CoE, but for TP pass wording changed from "covid $100k" to "health $50k".

That was within the first days of TP program.

Still, before that, some travellers were complaining for not being covered.

AIG require immediate contact on testing positive, before starting any isolation, treatment. 

my friends booked with emirates before 1.12 and applied for the old TP, before it was cancelled, but travelled after this date, maybe that's why they were issued TP, and travelled successfully

Edited by steve187

I have used it for TP with no problems. I stayed for 35 days on a 60 day visa and it was accepted for the TP.

There is a link on the Emirates site that you use to contact the insurance provider and they will email the relevant documents to you.

No problem

On 2/19/2022 at 2:51 AM, Pmbkk said:

FYI

Schedule of Benefits:

A1

Coverage (GBP £)

Excess 

Nil

A2

Actual Cost

Nil

Actual Cost

Nil

B

80 per day up to 14 days

(Maximum of 1,120)

Nil

C

Included

Nil

I used it for COE and got the certificate the same as you in GBP. As the Thai requirement was in USD I asked for a certificate in USD, they did that and just pointed out that any claim would be processed in GBP.

Good job I did, some that checked the insurance had trouble checking the cover in USD, far less a foreign currency.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2022 at 12:03 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I don't think AIG will extend the Emirates product beyond the 31 day maximum policy period. This product is what is called a NAC (No Additional Cost) product that is developed and co-branded with another company which then includes the cost into a product they sell to the consumer. The end user usually can't request modification or extension of coverage.

If you are contemplating travel insurance, it needs to be taken out before travel commences and coverage inception is tied to your initial departure date. This would rule out getting a second travel policy during your trip. Your best option is to get a proper travel policy that includes Covid-19 cover prior to your initial departure and have it cover the entire period you plan to be away from your country of residence.

emerites told me  i could pay for extension beyond 30 days

• Like 1

I entered Thailand 17th Dec on Thai pass using Emirates Insurance included with ticket - absolutely no issues.

I have just booked a UK to Thailand ticket for September so does that also include the Insurance which i thought ended for bookings after Dec 2021

1 minute ago, Negita43 said:

I entered Thailand 17th Dec on Thai pass using Emirates Insurance included with ticket - absolutely no issues.

I have just booked a UK to Thailand ticket for September so does that also include the Insurance which i thought ended for bookings after Dec 2021

Asking them would be a good idea.

1 hour ago, Negita43 said:

for this insurance to kick in you have to commence travel by 31.03. 

As to calling emirates - they state not to contact them about this policy.

AIG is offering travel policies, can be bought on the net. I don't think they would extend this free one, you can buy separate one after 30 days 

Edited by internationalism

On 2/21/2022 at 3:00 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

That's very good.

Does Emirates state whether you can request to extend the period of insurance once you have commenced your journey or whether you need to request if before travel starts?

dont know but i would do it before travel starts as if u got covid on day 29 ,  they might suspect someting if u extended it then