Test @ go requirements for Non Immigrant O visa (retirement visa) residents.

I am a Belgian National, 77 years old, and resident in Thailand with a Non-immigrant O visa. Intending to travel abroad  and to return back to Thailand, I try to meet the requirements for getting a Thai Pass and a Test & Go certificate. My (Belgian) insurance company however does NOT agree to mention the AMOUNT I am covered  for Covid healthcare, but states that I have unlimited coverage for health care. All my health care expenses in Thailand  are indeed reimbursed at 75 %  without any problem while staying in Thailand. It’s because I have to pay 25% myself that my insurance company refuses to mention any amount. 
So my question is how to obtain a Thai Pass without an insurance certificate that mentions the amount. At my 77 years it’s very difficult and too expensive to conclude a supplementary insurance contract for being away from Thailand for less than one week.

Does anyone knows more about the travel conditions that Thailand requires for non-immigrant O retirement visa holders?

I thank you very much for any advice or information you would let me know. 
Cheers!

Dirk

On 2/20/2022 at 11:22 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will only need 30 days of insurance to get a Thailand pass if you select returning to Thailand when you register for a Thailand Pass

ubonjoe,  can you confirm source of this information please?  I too am returning soon and I’m finding conflicting requirement indicating Covid insurance required until end of current visa.  

thanks in advance

Would also note that, under the prior program (Certificate of Entry), it was acceptable to Thai authorities that one could use your home country health insurance if the policy specifically said it covered covid or if one obtained a separate letter from the health insurance company confirming that fact.  In the US, I know of a few people to handled it that way (they called their health insurance companies who were already aware of the issue and promptly sent them a letter or email - and that satisfied the Certificate of Entry requirements).  In other words, your current insurance coverage may be acceptable if it specifically covers covid or you get a statement from them saying it does). 

On 2/20/2022 at 7:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are on a extension of stay based upon retirement and will be entering a re-entry permit.

You will only need 30 days of insurance to get a Thailand pass if you select returning to Thailand when you register for a Thailand Pass.

You can get a 30 days of insurance on the site for 3700 baht on this site up to the age of 99.

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

Brilliant, thank you for the information! I've been searching for insurance requirements for returning Non-Immi O/retirement expats, but have yet to find an official source! Do you have one, or where did you get the 30-days information from?

21 minutes ago, AsiaCheese said:

Brilliant, thank you for the information! I've been searching for insurance requirements for returning Non-Immi O/retirement expats, but have yet to find an official source! Do you have one, or where did you get the 30-days information from?

I cannot show you anything official. As I wrote in this post before yours.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many people that are on extension of stay have entered the country with a re-entry permit only 30 days of insurance when they a applied for the Thailand Pass.

When registering for the Thailand Pass there is selection for the purpose of you visit and one them is returning to Thailand that drops the departure date from the page.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many people that are on extension of stay have entered the country with a re-entry permit only 30 days of insurance when they a applied for the Thailand Pass.

When registering for the Thailand Pass there is selection for the purpose of you visit and one them is returning to Thailand that drops the departure date from the page.

Actually that’s very useful information for me. I am booked to go to Europe in May and wondered how long a period my insurance needed to cover as I live in Thailand. So you answered that question for me.

I have a further question and I wonder if you can help there as well.  at the moment I can’t register on test and go because the site only goes up the the end of March on its trip calendar. So I can’t check the process for loading my flight, hotel and insurance details. Just how easy is that process?

Do I need specific types of files to load or can I just take screenshots of the required information and load those? I’ a dinosaur tech wise and worried I might find it difficult to complete the upload of information.

any observations on the above would be very welcome

Edited by wensiensheng

18 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I have a further question and I wonder if you can help there as well.  at the moment I can’t register on test and go because the site only goes up the the end of March on its trip calendar. So I can’t check the process for loading my flight, hotel and insurance details. Just how easy is that process?

Do I need specific types of files to load or can I just take screenshots of the required information and load those? I’ a dinosaur tech wise and worried I might find it difficult to complete the upload of information.

There is a limit on how early you can apply for a Thailand Pass.

Everything uploaded needs to be in the jpeg format. Screenshots will accepted if they are clear.

You can find a lot info here. https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

Or here: https://medium.com/thailand-pass

• Thanks 1

For Ubonjoe

I am on a guardian visa for my daughter,i have court docs to say i have 100% custody.she is thai..do i only need 30day insurance to get back into thailand,do i need to get insurance for her,she will be 13 when we come back in..thankyou for any info you can give me..

9 hours ago, davjensteph said:

For Ubonjoe

I am on a guardian visa for my daughter,i have court docs to say i have 100% custody.she is thai..do i only need 30day insurance to get back into thailand,do i need to get insurance for her,she will be 13 when we come back in..thankyou for any info you can give me..

I assume you are on a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would only need 30 days of insurance (a guardian visa does not exist).

If your daughter is Thai and enters on a Thai passport she does not need the covid 19 insurance since can be treated at a government hospital.

On 2/21/2022 at 2:56 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is a limit on how early you can apply for a Thailand Pass.

Everything uploaded needs to be in the jpeg format. Screenshots will accepted if they are clear.

You can find a lot info here. https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

Or here: https://medium.com/thailand-pass

Sorry to treat you as a font of all knowledge @ubonjoe, but you seem to be a font of all knowledge, haha.

I’m just wondering if you have any information on the special flights that have to be taken when arriving at suvarnabhumi and immediately transferring to Phuket? There’s mention on the test and go registration site (at least the first page that I can access) that it has to be a special flight with a red 4 digit flight code. Just wondering how one is supposed to find out what these special flights are and how one goes about booking them?

do you have any info on that?

10 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Just wondering how one is supposed to find out what these special flights are and how one goes about booking them?

Check with Bangkok Airways about the flights and the airline you will arriving on.

If going for the Test & Go it might be just as easy and less costly to spend the first night in Bangkok at a SHAplus+ hotel to get your first RT-PCR test there and then take a domestic flight to Phuket.

• Thanks 1