At School Are The Thais Getting Force Fed Propaganda?

jeffrosner

The women complained that while she was learning Thai, she was being constantly fed bull$hit through repetition that she likened to brainwashing.

Mr. Rosner is unfortunately absolutely right in pointing this fact out.

Anybody who has not given up his brain at the immigration, and has children attending Thai schools has a hard job in countering some of the hair raising hogwash taught there as history, etc.

Mr. Rosner and I have a 2 month old. We are very concerned about what he might be taught in Thai School.

Mr. Rosner should be concerned.

Well, if he does not want his 2 month old end up as a Thai equivalent of his dear friend Rush Limbaugh at the age of 10. :o

I cannot confirm nore deny Mr. Rosners friends statement, however I did have a funny experience with one of my team members a while ago.

We had some sort of discussion on how much focused Thai's are on litlle details.

I said, well the Thai's ain't that bad.

What he said, you tell me we Thai people are easy when it comes to details?

Yes I said, I know people from some other countries are far worse when it comes to those microscopic details that nobody in the world would ever notice.

That is not true he said again.

I asked him in how many countries he has been working or perhaps went for holiday.

THAILAND (he sort of shouted).

Did they learned you this on school I asked, that the Thai are the most precise and focused on detail of the whole world kind of people?

Yes we are he answered. :o

It's OK, this person does not know any better so I can understand.

There is only one thing that really matters in live............

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

:D:D:D

Please note that this warning is a friendly warning but may change to an unfriendly warning if there are any more instances of flaming or bickering.

The unfriendly warning could result in suspensions.

So please carry on discussing this topic but in a civilised manner.

Thank you.

Did I say something wrong?

Sorry for that.

I was just posting an observation.

Please have mercy with me...........

I am not a bad guy.

But dear OP, could you scan and post those texts that your friend had to read?

Kind regards,

Alex

The women complained that while she was learning Thai, she was being constantly fed bull$hit through repetition that she likened to brainwashing.

Mr. Rosner is unfortunately absolutely right in pointing this fact out.

Anybody who has not given up his brain at the immigration, and has children attending Thai schools has a hard job in countering some of the hair raising hogwash taught there as history, etc.

Mr. Rosner and I have a 2 month old. We are very concerned about what he might be taught in Thai School.

MrRosner and MrRosner have accomplished the biologically impossible amongst mammals ..... no wait ...

Propaganda in Thai school ? the americans are still saying they won the war ! Always a few revisionists aboard the boat.

jeffrosner: not impressed with your mediocre posts and outdated internet attention seeking tactics. Anyways have you and your LifePartner (assuming its a long term thing if you are rasing a child together) thought about looking into international schools ?

other people : dont take the bait.

I retract my remarks about 'plonker' (being a non-Brit, I used it in ignorance), as well as "erudite fool." by which I only meant somebody who in fact is erudite, but acts as if he is a fool (which wouldn't apply in jeff's case, with or without capital letters in his/her name).

I don't know where you dig up these brilliant little jems of gossip but unlike Weho's posts - your's are not even funny...

Soundman.

Mr. Rosner is a gentleman and as such, does not intend to inject humour (one of the lowest forms of writing) into his posts. Mr. Rosner would very much like to help Soundman who evidently missed the reference in Mr. Rosner's post to the letter to the editor in the Sunday Bangkok Post.

Mr. Rosner was diligent and thoughtful enough to give Soundman and others a road map to his source. Mr. Rosner suggests that soundman dig 4 inches into the pile of papers next to his toilet so that he may check the veracity of Mr. Rosner's statement.

Mr. Rosner thanks Soundman for not making a joke of this matter.

Mr. Rosner is curious about the avatar that Soundman uses - if this is you and your child, why do you fry it's little head with a rubber cap when it is obvious to most that the little bit of hair on their head rarely comes out.

Mr. Rosner wishes he could say the same about Soundman but cannot.

I must say Mr Rosner that i find your posts both informative and witty.  I think soundman cant appreciate the subtlety of your humour and finds your intelect outside his comfort zone.  No doubt he is a

'sound bloke' though!

Can we get back on topic please.

The question is: Are Thai students being fed information that sort of tell them that Thai (Women) are inferior to ( Thai Men and) others, am I right?

Edited by AlexLah

Can we get back on topic please.

The question is: Are Thai students being fed information that sort of tell them that Thai (Women) are inferior to ( Thai Men and) others, am I right?

I tried a page or so back to get them back on topic:

From the Bangkok Post's Outlook section on Thursday 7 June 2007 this was said to Thich Nhat Hanh the Vietnamese Zen Master:

"In Thailand, we have a belief that says that women are spiritually inferior to men, that perhaps we have done something wrong in our past lives. Do you have any advice?"

Thich Nhat Hanh replied:

"Suppose you live in a society where there is no gender equality, if you get angry you cannot help this. If you are not angry, you may live, teach, in such a way as to help people abandon that kind of discrimination. You have to understand that people have beliefs like that because they have been taught like that. If you get angry, if you suffer, you cannot help. If you have compassion in your heart, you have a chance to change their beliefs."

Propaganda in Thai school ? the americans are still saying they won the war ! Always a few revisionists aboard the boat.

jeffrosner: not impressed with your mediocre posts and outdated internet attention seeking tactics. Anyways have you and your LifePartner (assuming its a long term thing if you are rasing a child together) thought about looking into international schools ?

other people : dont take the bait.

Mr. Rosner has never lauded the American system of education. It is presumptive of you to insuniate that Mr. Rosner endorses the American system.

Mr. Rosner would like to ask cool guy how the bait tastes since he evidently has some of it still stuck in his teeth.

Yes, let's get back on topic.

Bait.

Mr. Rosner.

Plonkers and everything is is not germane to the topic at hand. While Mr. Rosner stipulates that ADD is a evident in many of the posters, he firmly believes that it comes from a poor education.

Let's answer Mr. Rosner's original question, shall we?

The answer to the original question, Jeff, (as I personally do not choose to address anyone as "Mr. Rosner" and who speaks in the 3rd person) is:

Yes.

BTW, I noticed you misspelled the word "foreigner" in the subtitle of your OP, and should it not be: "Lions and Tigers and Bears" (plural)?

You are certainly somewhat amusing, in (as noted above) a somewhat camp way....are you related to Pee Wee Herman, by any chance?

And aren't we getting a bit of Post-Partum Depression, worrying about the state of the Thai educational system's curriculum, when your (alleged) child is only 2 months old? Just wondering, old chap...... :o

Yes, let's get back on topic.

Bait.

Mr. Rosner.

Plonkers and everything is is not germane to the topic at hand. While Mr. Rosner stipulates that ADD is a evident in many of the posters, he firmly believes that it comes from a poor education.

Let's answer Mr. Rosner's original question, shall we?

Honestly I do not know if this question is really the case.When I look at the children at school they seem so happy together.Walking hand in hand etc,I never have seen that in the Netherlands for example .In Thailands educational system seems a lot 'loose'indeed.They worry about the haircut and the never to be forgotten' wai' everytime they approach a teacher.Instead they should give more depth into the studies.If I ask my stepson if they have ever teach about the genocide,he does not have a clue what I am talking about.Also when they come into matayom 1 to 6.In the Netherlands they will separate the better students from the lesser and separate them into different kind of high school levels.Here they put the best with the worst in one classroom,does not really develop their educational level and skills.But the original question,I think it is not like that,personally,I will investigate this later on.Sorry MR Rosner,my written English is not that great,but I try to communicate how I can.I indeed do not have the best education,but I am not a moron.So I may sound not to smart,but is is of a lack of communication skills,so be easy with non-native speakers.By the way I love your written style,where does this come from?

The same could be said for western compulsory education. Only at an elective level does a student think for themselves.

BTW - I didn't take the latter option. hence my love for alcohol.........555