On plane guy next to me has COVID, do I have to quarantine?

Lorry

If i was seated near an infected person on the plane to Thailand - do i have to quarantine? 

How many rows in front or behind have to go to quarantine?

How many people they quarantine from each flight? 

Edited by Lorry

it's only seating directly to infected, so max 2 passengers.

If you know this passenger is infected you can refuse seating there. 

You can choose any free seat on an air plane.

It's 7 days isolation in ASQ hotel. That timing might be shortened to 3-4 days, as signalled already in november.

On landing you need to fill up health form disclosing seat number on aiplane. You can chose any seat without nobody next to you, write it down on this form.

You might be contacted by health authorities if on any test your direct neighbour was positive. But by now I think they don't do contact tracing. They even were not able to follow 5-7 days tests for over a month. They are pretty much disorganised

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, internationalism said:

it's only seating directly to infected, so max 2 passengers.

If you know this passenger is infected you can refuse seating there. 

You can choose any free seat on an air plane.

It's 7 days isolation in ASQ hotel. That timing might be shortened to 3-4 days, as signalled already in november.

On landing you need to fill up health form disclosing seat number on aiplane. You can chose any seat without nobody next to you, write it down on this form.

You might be contacted by health authorities if on any test your direct neighbour was positive. But by now I think they don't do contact tracing. They even were not able to follow 5-7 days tests for over a month. They are pretty much disorganised

Where did you get this info from ??? 

As far as I know, so far, there have only been a couple of proximity cases forced to isolate when they are not travelling in the same group. 

If this was a regular thing, we’d be hearing a lot more about people testing negative and being forced to isolate because they were sat next to a stranger who tested positive - we’re not hearing any news of such, no first hand stories... this type of story is cat-nip for the media who’d be all over it whenever this occurs - thus, I just don’t think it does.

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Where did you get this info from ??? 

As far as I know, so far, there have only been a couple of proximity cases forced to isolate when they are not travelling in the same group. 

If this was a regular thing, we’d be hearing a lot more about people testing negative and being forced to isolate because they were sat next to a stranger who tested positive - we’re not hearing any news of such, no first hand stories... this type of story is cat-nip for the media who’d be all over it whenever this occurs - thus, I just don’t think it does.

same as you - reading the government regulations and random musings from forums.

No, I don't know what media are writing, don't read them. I am not a covid junkie.

as I have said - I think authorities don't do contact tracing. Airport health officials might, or might not, contact you within the first 5 days 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bluebluewater said:

At a minimum, you ought to be isolating yourself from anyone else for the next week and get some testing done as well.

Yeah, but how would he know some random seat-mate tested positive? I mean maybe if they were traveling together.

I think the OP is asking if the thai authorities are forcibly detaining close contacts from the airplane? Haven't seen any of these stories recently. Yes, there were some early on.

For the OP, file this in the "extremely minor thing to worry about".