Understanding Immigration Question

Seeing the way some people dress and act in immigration offices, and reading comments about their staff on sites like this, then if I was a Thai immigration officer then damn right I'd have some fun with the applicants.

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Seeing the way some people dress and act in immigration offices, and reading comments about their staff on sites like this, then if I was a Thai immigration officer then damn right I'd have some fun with the applicants.

I never had a problem with Maesot immigration now some of the staff where we go now deserve comments made as I see it as there practices are unprofessional and intimidating as we see it. 

The last visit we found a rivalry amongst the new head person in charge and the regular staff, the staff were saying an item was acceptable as it was the presented the same as years before and it was being over-ruled which is unacceptable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TaoNow said:

In dealing with the Bangkok Immo office over a period of 50 years, they have never, not once, been inconsistent in processing my extensions.

To be fair Bangkok Imm (Chaeng Wattana) seem straight and it's where I obtained my Non-O and do my own extensions etc. Others I know get the run around and pushed to use agents at provincial offices. Even those who have the right credentials are often frustated into using an agent. In Bangkok last year I was scolded for supplying a scanned and printed copy of my passport rather a straight photocopy. I learned my lesson. 

Edited by soi3eddie

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Chiang Mai is under division 5 for the northern region of the country and the headquarters for it are located in CM.

CM immigration is who Sukhothai phone if there not sure what to do about someone's situation. 

So BKk and CM have equal authority I guess within Thailand.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

CM immigration is who Sukhothai phone if there not sure what to do about someone's situation. 

They were probably calling division 5 for the info since that is who they would report to. Division 5 and Chiang Mai immigration are not in the same location in CM.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So BKk and CM have equal authority I guess within Thailand.

Change Wattana immigration office is under Division 1 and others are under the the authority of their respective divisions they are under.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Even if you get everything right on the list they will still pick you up on something that's what we find. 

When say you found it OK last year my wife tells me to shut up. ????

Kwasaki and you being the smnart husband almost do what she says.  Been there it is hard at times to bite my tongue.  Thanks god they do not understand sarcasm.

Been here 11 years still a relative newbie.  Converted to retirement extension on my own and have been dealing with the same immigration department for the whole time.  The only challenge I had the first few years was the location  of the imm office due to flooding.  Those that have used PT for a few years will understand.

I learned from the beginning take everything and anything that they might need.  no matter whether they asked for it last year or noT.

The probelm for a lot of people is the large office immigrations where there are numerous people and you never get the same one.  

My suggestion move to a smaller area just not Pathum Thani.

9 hours ago, TaoNow said:

In dealing with the Bangkok Immo office over a period of 50 years, they have never, not once, been inconsistent in processing my extensions.

Just a reflection of thought here. Your statement does, in fact,  support the pot you address. How is that? Because another person can be faced with a different experience here in Thailand. I certainly am happy that you have not run into inconsistencies, and I certainly acknowledge a good deal of this is brought on by the person involved … still inconsistency is a known quality when dealing with laws/regulations. Not for everyone but a significant number of foreigners.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You really are a problemfalangie ???? they do if you were given or ask immigration for all the paperwork requirements for application for 1 year extensions for marriage.

Herewith

On this form pictured below my own listed number 15 is the photos required in order of all photocopy papers presented to immigration for our yearly marriage extension. 

1645411585805-2049178105.thumb.jpg.e4285f518fd77687e78374eabb3e971e.jpg

Even if you get everything right on the list they will still pick you up on something that's what we find. 

When say you found it OK last year my wife tells me to shut up. ????

You need to move to a different province. Your local immigration officers are crazy. 

17 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why don't you ask them what they need from you?

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP.

Last time I went I did ask for a complete check list for the particular IO I was using.........it was far from complete and I had still to make two trips.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

When say you found it OK last year my wife tells me to shut up.

I don't talk at all except for the polite stuff. 

They give us a hand written list. 

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

I had still to make two trips.

That would be OK and why chose to live only 15kms from Immigration.

19 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why don't you ask them what they need from you?

I use the Immi Office at Kamphaeng Phet and they have a printed sheet (in Thai naturally) of what they want for a marriage and a retirement extension.

They are very helpful and farang friendly too.

• Like 1