Understanding Immigration Question

43 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I don't talk at all except for the polite stuff. 

They give us a hand written list. 

We have a list which I stick to every year but will always find something, I will say something if they change things from the last year.

e.g. I put 2 postcard pix of us on one A4 photo paper the first year the new immi office was open, the officer said no we want 1 pix on 1 A4 photo paper but ok we will except this time.

The following year I put 1 pix on A4 photo paper and the same officer said Oh no you shouod put 2 pix on 1 A4 copy paper and I am expected not to say anything well I certainly will.

A week before we went to immi office last year my mrs rang up and asked how many pix shall we put on the A4 copy paper, she left out saying this year. ????

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I don't talk at all except for the polite stuff. 

They give us a hand written list. 

That would be OK and why chose to live only 15kms from Immigration.

Will need to move............ we are over an hour's drive each way.

• Like 1

Went to immigration last week to get requirements for non o extension based on marriage. Given two forms, English and Thai. The English one made no mention of the bank statement and manager letter requirements but the Thai did. Both clearly stated the other requirements including photos required. I followed the Thai listed requirements, went yesterday to immigration for the extension and they were very helpful. I think it depends on the particular office, in this case, Phetchabun. The lady took copies of the photos that she wanted directly from my phone. They are very concerned that everything is done properly before submitting it to Chiang Mai for approval. Mind you the wrist gets sore from all the signing! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

I use the Immi Office at Kamphaeng Phet and they have a printed sheet (in Thai naturally) of what they want for a marriage and a retirement extension.

They are very helpful and farang friendly too.

Trat office used to have their list in Thai, the first time I obtained it about 3/4 years ago, I asked the young officer ''how many Thais need a marriage extension ?  It should be in English"- " your wife can tell you''  -''but her english is not too good''. Anyhow i made my application and when i went to pick it up, the young female officer, came running up to me all smiles, with the list of documents written in English. Sometimes we can make a difference. 

#14 on the list :cheesy:copy.jpg.622d1599f38d09aab5aa040ef8073b1b.jpg

• Like 2