1 yr ext: Foreign TT says BahtNet

I just got my Bangkok Bank 12 month statement to show 40K (or greater) foreign transfer each month into my account to give to immigration to apply for a 1 year extension for Non-O based on marriage.

Every month is says Foreign TT, but for one month in August last year it does not say Foreign TT but says "BahtNet". The international transfer was identical to all the other transfers so I have no idea why it says BahtNet.

Bangkok Bank say theres nothing they can do and it's up to the computer what it says.

Will immigration except this?

(Surely I cant be the first person to get a "BahtNet" instead of a foreign TT printed on their statement?)

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Ask the bank for a credit advice for that transfer. It will show it was a international transfer.

How are you transfering you funds into the country?

Thank you, 

Bangkok Bank say I can say I can get a credit advice for that transfer.

Thanks, that was super helpful!

16 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Thank you, 

Bangkok Bank say I can say I can get a credit advice for that transfer.

Thanks, that was super helpful!

Did you have to show proof of the source of income from your home country (pension etc) to immigration or is a 12 months statement enough?

Edited by EricTh

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

Did you have to show proof of the source of income from your home country (pension etc) to immigration or is a 12 months statement enough?

This is the first time I will try using this method so I don’t know if they will want proof of source.

it came from my UK HSBC account, which I will take statements of showing the transfers to my Thai Bangkok Bank account. Will they then ask to see the source of the money into my UK HSBC acc? I don’t know?

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ask the bank for a credit advice for that transfer. It will show it was a international transfer.

How are you transfering you funds into the country?

I transfer using HSBC online UK website.

The credit advice just says:

Payment Received Via: BahtNet

Sending Bank: HSBCTHBK THAILAND

Ordering Institution: HBUKGB4B HSBC BANK PLC

Will immigration understand this? as evidence of a Foreign TT transfer?

16 hours ago, STD Warehouse said:

This is the first time I will try using this method so I don’t know if they will want proof of source.

it came from my UK HSBC account, which I will take statements of showing the transfers to my Thai Bangkok Bank account. Will they then ask to see the source of the money into my UK HSBC acc? I don’t know?

A foreign bank account is not a source of fund because I can transfer money into that bank account from Thailand and reuse the money,

What I mean is pension fund from government, stock dividend etc.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, STD Warehouse said:

Will immigration understand this? as evidence of a Foreign TT transfer?

I am not sure if they will or not.

This seems to indicate it it was sent from the UK "Ordering Institution: HBUKGB4B HSBC BANK PLC". Maybe try to contacting HSBC to get a confirmation that means it was sent from the UK. 

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

A foreign bank account is not a source of fund because I can transfer money into that bank account from Thailand and reuse the money,

What I mean is pension fund from government, stock dividend etc.

What happens if your not old enough for a pension? or you don't have stock dividends?

My income comes from a rental property which my sister handles and transfers the rent into my Uk account from which I then transfer it over here, is this not acceptable as foreign income?

29 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

My income comes from a rental property which my sister handles and transfers the rent into my Uk account from which I then transfer it over here, is this not acceptable as foreign income?

It might be accepted if you can show a lease for the rental to prove the source of you income. Probably best to have it translated to Thai so it will be easier to understand what it is for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It might be accepted if you can show a lease for the rental to prove the source of you income. Probably best to have it translated to Thai so it will be easier to understand what it is for.

but the lease is in my sisters name, she handles it all for me as im not there

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That does complicate things. Not sure but proof you own the property might help.