Tourism sector pushes for less fly-in requirements

webfact

On 2/22/2022 at 11:54 AM, NanaSomchai said:

Yes and yes.

That is as long as those at the top won't be "removed" from power and remain in office.

Also as long as the ongoing mindset will be essentially that allowing us to enter Thailand is actually doing us a favor.

If you want to grasp and understand more the Thai mindset I suggest you watch the movie "The Cave" (the documentary version from National Geographic) where at one point the English and American scuba divers were explicitly no longer allowed to dive in by the authorities, let alone enter the caves any longer.

The foreign rescue team members even were openly threatened with possible potential legal action should the kids trapped in the cave not make it out alive while on their watch.

I'm sorry to say this and even for myself it is an incredibly hard to swallow pill after 10+ years spent in Thailand, but it is what it is; to the Thais we will always be inferior to them, we simply are not Thai, we lack what they would call the "Thainess", we are not blessed, we are not believers, we share very little common values with them (if any at all), we will always be "the farang".

And as soon as things turn sour, fingers will always be pointed at us, in our direction we will even be called "dirty farangs" by their ministers, there will always be double pricing, no equality of any kind, the "farang must pay" mindset will always be prevalent, trust me when I say this:

Now that they have the Thailand Pass (and the TM30 before and the 90 days report where we MUST REPORT like if we were fugitives), the Thais have shown their true colors, to them we are defiling their holy land the very minute we land in the Kingdom of Siam. They only tolerate us because of the monetary incentive we bring to their society, once you run dry, they're no longer interested in you.

They really are convinced that allowing us to roam freely in the Kingdom (so we can part away with our riches) is doing us a favor.

Thailand Pass is their fashioned way to do us that favor with strings attached (monitoring and tracing us 24/7).

Thailand is dead.

Its not that bad - perhaps you should try counseling....