The 2022 Honda PCX 160 Review

Pinot

10 hours ago, Fab5BKK said:

Safety

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) conducted a study on the effectiveness of ABS for motorcycles and came to the conclusion that motorcycles above 250 cm3 without ABS are 37 percent more likely to be involved in fatal crashes and a study of the Swedish Road Administration came to the conclusion that 48 percent of all severe and fatal motorcycle accidents above 125 cm3 could be avoided due to motorcycle ABS.[48]

These studies caused the EU commission to initiate a legislative process in 2010 that was passed in 2012 and led to ABS for motorcycles above 125 cm3 becoming mandatory from 2016 onwards. Organizations like the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile and the Institute of advanced Motorists (IAM) demanded the implementation of this legislation already for 2015.[49] On the other hand, some motorcycle riders are protesting against a compulsory ABS for all bikes because they call for a possibility to switch the system off, for off-road usage or for other reasons.[50][51][52] In 2011 the United Nations (UN) started the Decade of Action for Road Safety. The main goal is to save 5 million lives until 2020 through global cooperation.[53] One part of their global plan is to: Encourage universal deployment of crash avoidance technologies with proven effectiveness such as Electronic Stability Control and Anti-Lock Braking Systems in motorcycles.

Interesting that Honda still offers the non-ABS version, at least here in Thailand. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, G Rex said:

We bought a new PCX a few weeks ago.

Wife is very happy with it.       Feels a bit lifeless to me , but at 95kg & also being used to Big bikes - I suppose that is understandable. 

It is comfortable to ride, both 1 or 2 up. 

Nice review!

There is a significant difference in performance when we're on together. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 1:26 PM, Kwasaki said:

I dunno really I just think all higher powered scooters are dodgy being available in Thailand.

Totally untrue. Blatant falsehood and demonstration of major ignorance.

The PCX, the Forza 350, the NMax and the XMax are very solid bikes. Well built. To Japanese specifications, in Japanese run factories. And they are exported worldwide. 

On 2/28/2022 at 12:03 PM, Henryford said:

Finally catching up to the 155 cc Aerox.

I owned an Aerox and it was never close to the PCX. The resale value should steer one away alone. It wasn't a bad bike just not in the same class. 

I'd recommend a 160 Click over an Aerox.