Entering Thailand, what is easier non-o/retirement or visa excempt

Hi. im about to leave Thailand soon for a month or two.

What is less hazzle when entering Thailand now.. non-o/retirement extension (with re entry permit) or visa excempt

or is it same?

edit: also, where is the real resource/correct place to find current regulations for entering? i see a lot of outdated stuff around various places (not here just in general) what is the official place or is it different from the departure country?

thanks in advance

Edited by vento

As DrJack wrote - what Visa are you on now and how long are you planning to stay for upon your return ? - the absence of that informant makes any reply inaccurate. 

----

With regards to what is easier - Exempt entry of course (unless you have a lot of exempt entries in a row).

IF you are holding a Non-Imm O - its simple enough to apply for a re-entry permit at the airport upon departure. 

iF you are not currently on a Non-Imm O and wish to apply for that before leaving, then there is some legwork depending on your situation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

As DrJack wrote - what Visa are you on now and how long are you planning to stay for upon your return ? - the absence of that informant makes any reply inaccurate. 

----

With regards to what is easier - Exempt entry of course (unless you have a lot of exempt entries in a row).

IF you are holding a Non-Imm O - its simple enough to apply for a re-entry permit at the airport upon departure. 

iF you are not currently on a Non-Imm O and wish to apply for that before leaving, then there is some legwork depending on your situation. 

Yes, sorry for this, its a bit confusing for me.

I have a visa exempt.  would get a agent to help me with non-o + retirement extension. As i understand, i would be on non-o for 3 months and then it would change to a retirement extension (again, really sorry if this is wrong, but this is how i understood it)

I would have agent help me with all the legwork etc to get non-o and the retirement extension.

But im worried that any of these scenarios would cause me issues when returning.. especially if i leave and return while on the non-o

i would mostly convert to retirement extension now if it could make my return/paperwork easier/possible without hazzle. i have a lot of visa exempt back to back but latest one is from 2019, since that i have been in medial care and then covid extensions.

thanks again

6 minutes ago, vento said:

I have a visa exempt.  would get a agent to help me with non-o + retirement extension. As i understand, i would be on non-o for 3 months and then it would change to a retirement extension (again, really sorry if this is wrong, but this is how i understood it)

I would have agent help me with all the legwork etc to get non-o and the retirement extension.

But im worried that any of these scenarios would cause me issues when returning.. especially if i leave and return while on the non-o

i would mostly convert to retirement extension now if it could make my return/paperwork easier/possible without hazzle. i have a lot of visa exempt back to back but latest one is from 2019, since that i have been in medial care and then covid extensions.

thanks again

So when does your current permission of stay end?

If possible another covid extension then just exit and reenter visa exempt.

Attend to the non O and extension after you return. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So when does your current permission of stay end?

If possible another covid extension then just exit and reenter visa exempt.

Attend to the non O and extension after you return. 

current covid extension ends march 24, and im confused about if its even possible to extend further or not also.. but if still possible, you might be right, maybe just easier to fix retirement when back.. 

Edited by vento

4 minutes ago, vento said:

current covid extension ends march 24, and im confused about if its even possible to extend further or not also.. but if still possible, you might be right, maybe just easier to fix retirement when back.. 

So when does your current permit end? 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, vento said:

Permit ends March 24.

Perfect timing.

Obtain another covid extension couple of weeks prior to March 24.

That will give you POS till approx May 24.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Permit ends March 24.

Perfect timing.

Obtain another covid extension couple of weeks prior to March 24.

That will give you POS till approx May 24.

so my takeaway from this is

1: yes, properly easier to re-enter thailand with a retirement extension or something like that

but not really necessary, can still come back on visa excempt

2: i can still get yet another covid extension, its been extended again

it all makes sense now i think.. I'm properly going to go this route

Thanks a lot..

14 minutes ago, vento said:

i can still get yet another covid extension, its been extended again

No reason why they refuse to issue you another covid extension.

You mentioned that your leaving.

If you have a flight out of Thailand it would not hurt to have that with you when applying for CE.

When are you planning to exit Thailand. 

19 hours ago, vento said:

thanks again

Why use an agent? Why not do it legally?

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, vento said:

so my takeaway from this is

1: yes, properly easier to re-enter thailand with a retirement extension or something like that

but not really necessary, can still come back on visa excempt

2: i can still get yet another covid extension, its been extended again

it all makes sense now i think.. I'm properly going to go this route

Thanks a lot..

imho if you're going to go down the agent route just go to Pattaya and get a good, reputable agent to get you the non-O AND the 1 year extension at the same time. plus a single or multiple re-entry permit. easy peasy.

that's what I did in December using an agent on Post Office that was recommended to me by a trusted friend. 

they also do 90 day reports for free but you have to either send them your passport or take it in person to their office. I live in Bangkok, oops Krung Thep Maha Nakhon now but I'll be doing taking it in person; any excuse to get to Patts is fine by me ????

4 hours ago, Antiparovian said:

Why use an agent? Why not do it legally?

the legality of this might be of concerns for the system. i think that discussion belongs elsewhere ????

Edited by vento
  • Like 1