Just heard the 2nd nite of quarantine will be relaxed March 1st. Is this true? Anyone have any confirmation of this?

spidermike007

Was informed the CCSA announced today that the 5th RT-PCR day requirement will be dropped. We expect it to be possible to enter with only a 1 Day package after the first week of March.

Any truth to this? Has the pain become so intolerable, that some courage will be demonstrated by the adults in the room? Is this an admission of the utter failure of the new test & go?

• Like 2

I’ve read the same...    

Day 1 Test & Go remains (along with Thailand Pass) and Day 5 PCR test has been replaced with an ATK test - from 1st March (if I’m not mistaken). 

Of course, as usual, any useful information is absent:

- Does the Day 5 ATK need to be performed at hotel.

- Can the Day 5 ATK be self administered and results submitted.

It seems that throughout this debacle the government and MoPH have placed their responsibility on hotels who are happy to take it because it means ‘guests’....   Back in Nov the Day 1 Test & Go program included a day 5 ATK... so this is the same. 

Back then (Dec) the hotel didn’t know what to do with the ATK... they just gave it us and said they don know !!! ....    Since then I read that we were supposed to mail the ATK result to the hotel. 

So... I wonder if this is the same..

A 1 night Test & Go with a Day 5 ATK result e-mailed to the day 1 hotel. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve read the same...    

Day 1 Test & Go remains (along with Thailand Pass) and Day 5 PCR test has been replaced with an ATK test - from 1st March (if I’m not mistaken). 

Of course, as usual, any useful information is absent:

- Does the Day 5 ATK need to be performed at hotel.

- Can the Day 5 ATK be self administered and results submitted.

It seems that throughout this debacle the government and MoPH have placed their responsibility on hotels who are happy to take it because it means ‘guests’....   Back in Nov the Day 1 Test & Go program included a day 5 ATK... so this is the same. 

Back then (Dec) the hotel didn’t know what to do with the ATK... they just gave it us and said they don know !!! ....    Since then I read that we were supposed to mail the ATK result to the hotel. 

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/02/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

On 2/23/2022 at 6:07 PM, richard_smith237 said:

...Back in Nov the Day 1 Test & Go program included a day 5 ATK... so this is the same. 

You can upload results through Mor Chana now. (Last time round you were supposed to upload the results to Mor Chana, but the app didn't actually have the functionality.) For the Day 5 test at the moment, you go back to the hotel for the test and get your PCR certificate. Then you get a notification in Mor Chana on day 7/8, and when you click through you have to enter the results and a photo of the PCR certificate. Presumably they can adapt that to accept ATK results.