On-site classes in Thailand can resume under new guidelines, exams for COVID-19 cases allowed

snoop1130

ห้องสอบ.jpg

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has issued a set of guidelines for on-site learning, to enable schools to resume classes as normal, while COVID-19 infections surge.

CCSA Spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin said today (Wednesday) that a decision has been made to allow schools to resume on-site classes after having assessed that infections among those aged up to 19 account for 21% of all infections in the country, which is not considered especially high, while the numbers of severe cases and fatalities among them are very low and preventive measures at schools are adequate.

For day schools, Dr. Taweesin said that students regarded as being at low risk can attend classes, while those are at high risk must be isolated at home for seven days, plus three additional days under observation, until they are shown to be clear of infection by means of two rapid antigen tests. During the isolation period, he said schools must arrange for proper classes for them.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/on-site-classes-in-thailand-can-resume-under-new-guidelines-exams-for-covid-19-cases-allowed/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-02-23

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Many more students have Covid, but it will not be checked/reported.. I see it in my own school...School can not test everyone because the Government doesn't give ATK tests and the school can not afford to test so many students every day a 60 THB a student. The Government wants that the students be testing every day  before they can do their test.

• Like 1

Homeschooling is now the only way forward for parents with functioning brains. 

You don't need to actually teach your kids yourself, you just arrange private tuition. 

Your kids benefit from not being subject to exceptionally low quality teaching, brainwashing and having to mix with the kids of parents that quite frankly should not not be allowed to breed. 

Harsh words maybe but it really is that bad, most of the schools here are terrible and the ones that aren't are ridiculously expensive. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has issued a set of guidelines for on-site learning, to enable schools to resume classes as normal, while COVID-19 infections surge.

Hub of guidelines... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2022 at 8:17 PM, tomster said:

having to mix with the kids of parents that quite frankly should not not be allowed to breed

Indeed, harsh words, though there is truth to them. In my online teaching, in my classes of about 30, I'm now only getting the 5-6 kids per class who really want to learn. They participate, answer questions, do the homework, finally free from the distractions of a roomful of the other 25 who want to run amok with no consequences. My Thai colleagues have also remarked on how refreshing this is, though very unfortunate it has to be such a small percentage.

As much as we like to point at the Thais, it's really no different in the US. There's their infamous gun problem, then just this past month, two incidents in the Las Vegas school system. One in which a student was pummeled upon by another in class, while another put it on TikTok, then another incident where a teacher was assaulted. The school board's response? They held a motion at a meeting, to put it on the agenda for another meeting. Heh. I guess they've been talking to Thailand.

• Like 1