Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

12 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

And that's before we get to a woke army more focused on politcal correctness in ther ranks and mental health of their troops than fighting bloody battles with an enemy not afraid to die or endure misery and suffering.

NATO, right?

It somewhat amuses me when some posters want NATO boots in Ukraine. IMO the EU soldiers are powder puffs in comparison to battle hardened Russians- brought up soft, easy lives does not make for a good soldier. The Russians are getting their troops from the lower echelons of society- the criminals etc. A hard life makes a hard soldier.

Seems to me that western thinking is that war is just technology, and don't need hard men anymore, but when it comes down to it, wars are won in the mud by men close up.

I'm not so sure about the US military though. They get a lot of soldiers from the lower echelons of society, though the ones I met during training back in the 70s were not very hard. Since then there have been quite a lot of US wars, so perhaps that has changed.

• Confused 5

7 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The Russian onslaught is relentless in the next few days it could turn into a rout.

Oh dear oh dear. Now if only the US government had passed the money bill ages ago ( money wins wars, doesn't it? Nothing to do with soldiers, LOL ), if only the Ukranians had more bullets, if only they had more Leopards, if only they had F16s, if only they had more men, if only superman came to help, if if if. BUT they didn't and they don't.

Is that the fat lady warming up her vocal chords?

• Confused 5
  • Thumbs Up 2