Wireless Printing

Pappiklon

I have a non network printer with a USB connection, I have a wireless setup in my apartment, is there some way I can connect it to this so I can print wirelessly from different rooms in my apartment or do I need to buy a network printer to achieve this.

Thanks in advance for any help

There are print servers that can connect to USB. Problem is that not all USB printers are compatible (but most modern ones are). You can get a wired one (cheaper) that will connect directly to the wireless access point, or a wireless one that you can put anywhere.

Guest Reimar

Connect the Printer to one of the "station" computer and set up a print sharing. Than you can use the printer from all other computer via wireless in your house. Otherwise the cost will be quite high if you want to setup an Print Server and it's much more difficult!

USB Print Server are expensive and not easy to find. The most used Print Server are connected by Ethernet to an Network system.

Which operating system(s) are you running on the various PC's?

If Windows XP then this is quite easy to do.

Guide

You can Google "Windows XP WiFi print sharing" to get more detailed guides, I saw quite a few in my brief search. I share a Canon printer this way successfully.

I have been using a Linksys wireless print server for a year now, with no problems. My printer is a four-year-old Canon i950.

It connects to the printer by USB, and to the router by wireless. Setup took less than five minutes, and I am not a techie, so I just followed the instructions carefully. Model number is WPS54G.

It was expensive (Baht 3,000) when I bought it, but I am not aware of current pricing.