Tiger Light

Guderian

20 hours ago, rott said:

Well done G, I have still had no luck but will be in BKK and Pattaya within the next month so will try again. 

I was in Makro South Pattaya this morning and noticed that they had around 9 cases of San Mig Zero. Even better, they were 'only' 905 Baht each, compared with 960 Baht from the booze wholesaler. Given that a week ago, when I last went to Makro, the staff had never even heard of SM Zero, it's progress! Anyway, try your local Makro, they'll probably get some in sooner or later. I'm enjoying it now, I've got 5 cases here and it's a nice, light, refreshing beer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 2:26 PM, Guderian said:

Thanks for that, I didn't realise that SM Zero was actually 3%, that sounds like it would suit me fine if it tastes OK. It's probably down to my racist colonialist binary white male privilege, or something like that, but for some reason I'd assumed that San Miguel Zero would have no alcohol in it, lol. Right, I'm off to the 7-eleven to seek out a can or bottle.

Some positive news, I am told that the I Rover has San Mig Zero and one other bar expects to have it in "soon". 

Wen

On 2/28/2022 at 4:12 PM, Guderian said:

One lady told me 'Tiger Light no have factory', did it burn down or something? Does anyone know if and when we might see it again

Just went to re-stock on Tiger Light and my beer shop said a similar thing.   They've stopped making it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 4:54 PM, Guderian said:

I finally found a booze wholesaler selling SM Zero by the case. Not cheap at 960 Baht a box, in fact more pricy than either of the "premium" beers, San Mig Light or Heineken. That works out a 40 Baht a bottle, so it's still cheaper buying it at the 7-eleven (38 Baht), but they don't usually sell it by the case. I saw it in Big C at 41 Baht a bottle, and also in a mom & pop shop in Jomtien at 42 Baht. Hopefully, as it becomes a bit more mainstream, it might be sold a bit more cheaply by the wholesalers.

IMG20220314162806.thumb.jpg.8febaa7840c5651205a7a65f44025fb8.jpg

If it is of interest I understand there are a number of BKK bars stocking SMZ, Chequers Soi 4, Sportsman Soi 13 and the Robin Hood by Phrom Pong BTS.

What prices they will be charging is another matter, I should find out late in May. 

Edited by rott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...