Any ideas about inexpensive PCR testing for outgoing flights?

Need to head back to the US again. Wondering if anyone has found an inexpensive source for rapid PCR tests in Bangkok. Since some airlines (and the US) seem to require a one day prior to flight result, that seems to limit some of the most reasonable (24-48 hours) testing options. 

I am seeing prices ranging from 3,000 to 6,000 baht, which is downright stupid. 

On 2/28/2022 at 3:18 PM, spidermike007 said:

Need to head back to the US again. Wondering if anyone has found an inexpensive source for rapid PCR tests in Bangkok. Since some airlines (and the US) seem to require a one day prior to flight result, that seems to limit some of the most reasonable (24-48 hours) testing options.

An antigen test is all that's needed to enter the USA which will be cheaper.  Unless there's another reason for getting a PCR just go for this.

7 hours ago, treetops said:

An antigen test is all that's needed to enter the USA which will be cheaper.  Unless there's another reason for getting a PCR just go for this.

I hear the PCR test is required to fly. Many threads speak of the need to show this at Swampy? 

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I hear the PCR test is required to fly. Many threads speak of the need to show this at Swampy? 

The requirement for a PCR test is somewhat individual based on requirements of:

- Airline

- Destination country

- Transit country (if any).

Thus: the requirement for an RT-PCR test very much depends on where you are travelling and with which airline. 

There is no ‘sweeping requirement’.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 8:49 AM, spidermike007 said:

I'm travelling to US soon on Korean Air.  US citizens must present a test (either pcr or antigen) taken within 24 hrs of flight.  Antigen much cheaper than PCR.  Several hospitals around BKK offer at 550 - 1,100 baht same day service.   (Bangkok Hospital, Samitvej, Thai Travel  Clinic, etc)

Now, I would like to know if the Antigen test site at the lower level of the airport (which I believe is the Thai airways operated/only-for-their-passengers-free-service) is also available for non-Thai Airways passengers who pay.  Cannot find this info anywhere.  

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-insurance/covid-travel-rules-usa/

6 hours ago, songmaew said:

Now, I would like to know if the Antigen test site at the lower level of the airport (which I believe is the Thai airways operated/only-for-their-passengers-free-service) is also available for non-Thai Airways passengers who pay.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/roh/drive-thru-covid19testing.page

says antigen test is 200 baht for all, including "visitors" if I'm reading it correctly.  If not you can try this one instead:

image.png.7c7d8d778212a35274b4cb11b3f96b65.png

Edited as I'm not sure I read the Thai pricing table correctly.

Edited by treetops