Test&Go 5th day , what if...?

2long

So from now on, tourists are trusted to perform their 2nd Covid test by doing an ATK and uploading to the app on day 5 or 6 after arrival.

While I'm not trying to give anyone ideas to be naughty, there will be cases where

- people forget

- people are unable due to them not having a signal on those days (for example out at sea on a diving liveaboard)

- people are unable due to the app crashing (they don't have a great rack record, do they)

- human error prevents it being done

- people test positive but in fear of being whisked away, they post a negative result

So, how can this crazy system work properly or be controlled?

Will tourists who fall into any of the above categories be pulled over at immigration when they try to leave Thailand?

With the 2 day PCR system, the Day 5 results still had to be uploaded to Mor Chana manually, even though the test was taken at the hotel or hospital on the Day 5 quarantine. You could leave once your results came through, but then you got a notification in the App around Day 7/8 and you had to click through to a website and enter the information and a picture of your results. 

Assuming the ATK results will be dealt with similarly, uploading them probably isn't so time critical that internet issues or the App being down for a while would matter. You can probably already find people who never uploaded the Day 5 result either because they didn't have the App or they ignored the notification, or they just couldn't be bothered. My guess is that the authorities do absolutely nothing with that information, and it just sits on an insecure database being ignored by everyone except for hackers looking to cull email addresses.

• Like 2

Its all Theatre.

They’re not really interested in the day 5 results... BUT, they have to put the day 5 ATK in place to highlight they are ‘still doing something’... 

Personally - If I test positive of my day 5 ATK, I will simply upload a ‘fake result’ (i.e. test the Wife etc) and then isolate at home for 10 days - I wouldn’t want to risk being forced into a ‘hospital quarantine’ simply because I’m a recent international arrivals. 

My Wife, son and I took a trip in Nov, upon our return we did the 1 day Test and Go and were given 3 ATK’s... the hotel didn’t know what we were supposed to do with them, neither did we...  (this was int he first week of Test & Go)... So, we took the tests, all negative, but we didn’t do anything more about it, we didn’t submit anywhere or to anyone. 

• Like 1