Insurance period for Thailand pass?

clivebaxter

I think it has to cover your stay-period for TP but I may be wrong. I'm planning for a three months stay with a TV for two months and intend to buy a two month insurance, though I have an HSA  insurance in the USA that will cover me for all emergencies in Thailand. 

I came in on 'E visa' Non-O in November which gave me 90 days - I presented insurance for 90 days and all went through OK.

I renewed my 'Retirement' visa in Feb and no more insurance needed.

I'm guessing that if I had come in on a 'Retirement' Non-O with say 5,6,8,9 months unexpired, I would have needed 5,6,8,9 months insurance ? So yes, you really have to have cover up to the permission to stay date?

But I'm not sure.

• Like 1

It's normally said that the insurance shall cover the lengths of stay, i.e. until the date the extension of stay is valid; however, I know some non-O expats that have entered in Phuket with 30-days insurance only, even their extension of stay laster a longer period.

• Like 1

My wife is getting an O-A Visa and the Thai Consulate has told her that the Covid Insurance MUST be taken out for the period of the Visa, not the period of the 'stay'. 

So, if she's only staying 7 months, she MUST still pay for 1 year (the length of the visa).  I'm not up to par with extensions, however I continually monitor this Forum for any changes to visa rules uploaded by forum members with a greater knowledge than myself.

• Like 1